Favors

Chapter Three:

Favors

KID POV

At exactly Six that afternoon, everyone wandered back into the conference room and took their seats around the large table. A few moments later, with everyone's eyes wide, Rena walked in, followed by the phantom thief himself, Kaitou Kid.

Kid had to admit, it felt weird walking into a police station dressed as his alter ego the thief, and being allowed in without anyone so much as saying a word against him. In fact, the mood in the building seemed rather tense instead of angry, as though he was merely a lesser problem compared to whatever problem it was they had called him for. Rena had refused to tell him very much, only that she had a favor to ask of him and in return she would do him a favor as well, whatever it was he wanted at whatever time. Such a thing made him very eager to know what exactly the police and the CIA wanted of him that they would even turn a blind eye to who he is and even go as far as doing a favor for him should he ever need one. It admittedly also worried him a bit.

Kid sat down at the head of the table beside Rena as everyone stared at him. Megure seemed angry to see him, but he surprisingly kept his mouth shut as Rena took out her cell phone and dialed a number.

"Kudo, we are all here."

Kudo? Thought Kid to himself, where had he heard that name before?

"Alright, I am putting you on speaker now", said Rena as she plugged her phone into a box speaker that was sitting in the middle of the table.

"Can you hear me?" asked a girl's voice.

"Yes Kudo-Chan", said Megure from where he was now leaning over the egde of the table, his eyes on the phone.

"Good. I assume Kid is in the room as well?"

"Here I am! Mysterious Tantei-chan~"

Kudo was silent for a moment.

"Good. Alright, everyone ready?"

"We are when you are" said Rena.

"The Black Organization is a group made up of a boss and several agents. Their main targets right now are Shiho Miyano aka Sherry who created the poison APTX 4869 and myself, who they first used the poison on. For this reason, we have called Kid in to help with this set up. Kaitou Kid, we hereby request of you to take the position of Sherry and contact Vermouth, who I will set you up a meeting with. She is a member of the organization who may or may not be on our side. You must not trust her, however, she may come in handy, so use her accordingly if the situation permits."

"So I have to dress up as a woman named Sherry who I don't even know what she looks like?"

"Rena has a picture for you. You are going to be dressed as a target, so be careful, they will not hesitate to take you out should the other members catch wind of you."

"And what will you being doing Kudo?" asked Jodie from the FBI.

"While Kid meets with Vermouth, I will be watching. Should anything happen we will move in, but if not, I want Kid to get access to the main base. Vermouth should lead him inside so long as no one else from BO is there in the general vicinity. When inside, Kid, destroy anything you can on their computers. I will be entering not far behind to retrieve a specific file. When we move in, wait ten minutes before the rest of you follow. By then, hopefully most if not all the agents will be located there. We will have to work fast. Vermouth accepted the meeting for nine tonight. Kid, don't be late. As for her who she is, Sherry was betrayed because she was seen as a liability as a scientist, so keep that in mind when you play your part."