Takedown Pt. 1

Chapter Twenty-Seven:

Takedown Part 1

SHINARA POV

Shinara smiled in relief when she saw Kaito re-enter the conference room. They had just decided to take a break and allow everyone a moment to stretch and get some coffee when he had decided to rejoin the meeting.

"You alright?" she asked, noticing his eyes were slightly redder than they had been.

He didn't look at her, but he gave a nod and she sighed in relief before wrapping a gentle arm around his waist and pulled him against her. She kissed his cheek and nuzzled his neck as he gave in and wrapped his arms around her, enjoying the feeling of her breath against his skin.

"I'm sorry I left like I did", he muttered, glancing around to make sure no one was seeing them like this. He didn't need the cops to doubt Shinara because of him.

"It's alright. All of us understand that telling them that was hard on you", she said reaching up and brushing his bangs out of his eyes beneath the white top hat, "If it makes you feel any better, they all agreed to work with you. They understand why you decided to take up the cape, even if they don't all agree with it."

Kaito sighed in relief, glad to hear his talk had worked. Shinara smiled against his chest. The others had already asked her not to tell Kaito that they had spoken up on his behalf. They knew he wouldn't have wanted them putting themselves in such a tight spot for him. After all, can you ever truly trust a detective who shows sentiment to a criminals actions? Some could and some couldn't, but it was their decision to make, not his, even if he wanted to think differently on the matter.

Shinara reluctantly pulled away from his warm embrace when she noticed the shadows of some people moving closer towards the door of the conference room. Kaito let her go, also seeing them and moved stealthily to the back corner where he decided he would watch the rest of the proceedings.

JODIE POV

It was easy to see the connection between the four teens in the back of the room quite easily if you looked for it. However if you saw them merely as Detectives and thief, one would easily miss the way they looked at one another or touched one another without anyone noticing the movement. She especially noticed the closeness between Kaitou Kid and Shinara Kudo. As an FBI agent, perhaps she should have found the relationship disturbing, but as a woman who had once been a girl in love herself, she found it rather endearing. Still, she could see from their looks that they all meant business and that personal feelings wouldn't come into play during the operation. For this reason alone, did she decide not to call them out on that relationship. Of course, she wouldn't have done it in public as it would have permanently branded Kudo-chan, but she would have had a long talk with the both of them in private.

"We will have seven different teams in this operation. The set up will be like this: Team One will be led by Shinara Kudo, consisting of Harley Hattori, Saguru Hakuba, Ai Haibara, Richard Mouri, and Hiroshi Agasa. Team Two will consist of Kaitou Kid and his assistants. Team Three will consist of myself and the rest of the FBI. Team Four will consist of Chief Megure and his police force of Tokyo. Team Five will consist of Chief Kazuha and his police force. Team Six will consist of Nakamori-san and his task force and Team Seven will consist of Bourbon who is our inside contact and the secret police and CIA who will be moving in at his command. Does everyone understand who they are with? Good! Now let's move people, our operation commences in twelve hundred hours!"

DCDCDCDCDCDC

Note* for those who don't know military time (like me) twelve hundred hours literally means 12 hours