To Hold a Dove

Chapter Twenty-six:

To Hold a Dove

SHINARA POV

"Listen up people", demanded Jodie of the FBI as she slammed her hands onto the table in front of her, tired of the voices overlapping throughout the room, "This is our second planned takedown for the Black organization and there will not be a third! It was our fault that the boss escaped with a few of his agents and I will be darned if we allow him to build his crew up again! Shinara Kudo who was in charge of the last takedown is here with us again in person this time and we shall shut up! And respect what she has to say."

"Thank you Jodie-san", commented Shinara with a smile at her friend.

When Shinara had first thought about contacting the FBI for help again, she had been nervous to, considering the last time she had asked them to help, they had done so as a favor to her for a case she had worked on. However it was with prompting from Kaito and the others that she gave in and called her longtime acquaintance. Said acquaintance then proceeded to call her an idiot for worrying about the little things and that the favor she owed Shinara was not paid in full until the last of the Organization was caught and hauled off for life. After which, Shinara and the FBI called in all of their allies for one final move to put the stray dogs down as they should have been long ago.

"I thank you for once again partnering with me on this final strategy to take the boss of the Black Organization down for good. With the help of some inside contacts who have been acting on our side within the BO, we have been given the location of the boss and his allies. To clear some things up, I shall proceed to fill you in on literally everything we know."

She took a breath and glanced at Kaitou Kid who nodded, sending her a small smile in support as she smiled back and began her story. The officers listened to her intently as she told of the poison that an agent called Sherry created. She then went on to tell them how she herself was poisoned and became Christie Edogawa who most of them knew. She told them of Ai's poisoning and her efforts to find the cure and then she told them of everything leading up to the present day that she could about the boss and his agents.

"Kaitou Kid has kindly agreed to aid us once more, with our promise of a truce for the present time. He himself is a victim of the Black Organization and has come here today as an act of faith to tell us most of his own story."

KID POV

Kaito swallowed as he stood up and faced the room of officers who had at one time or another, tried to arrest him. Nakamori stood in one corner of the room and Megure in another. Hakuba, Harley, and Ai and Agasa stood at the far back, all of them watching Shinara and I closely. They had supported our decision to come clean about our life stories, with the exception of my own where I left a few details here and there out of the overall telling.

"My father was murdered several years ago by the Black Organization after they had hired him, the first Kaitou Kid, to steal a specific jewel. When my father figured out that the jewel was something that would give them power beyond imagination, he hid the jewel away from them and went into hiding. They found out his true identity and killed him in front of his family and his fans. His son...me...found out his identity as Kaitou Kid and took up the cape in order to lure out the killers and find the jewel his father was supposed to turn over to them, with the intent of destroying the jewel once and for all."

Kaito stopped and noticed Nakamori looked surrpsied, along with several others, but he could also feel the tension coming off of them. They didn't believe him.

"I am telling you this not as a thief coming to beg for forgiveness. I tell you this story because I wish to let you know that my intentions in coming here today are pure. I wish to take the Black Organization to the ground!"