Chapter 3: Candy Hungry

"Yashiro there's so many flowersssss"
Amane whined out, he had a spectrum of flowers covering the surface of his hands and upper arms.

"Here! This should help." Yashiro threw a pair of gardening gloves in his direction, which ended up smacking him in the face. "Oops-"

He grabbed the gloves from his lap before he went over to the outdoor faucet and cleaned the excess dirt and flowers off his arms with cold water, then slid the blue gloves over his hands.

He continued his gardening job as Yashiro sat under a tree on Amane's phone. Amane had let her watch boy band music videos earlier and now she wont put it down, every time Amane looked over, she had her hands cupping her face as she dramatically kicked the floor. Jeez, he didnt expect a garden ghost to be a fangirl, it wasnt too far off of his expectations though. He imagined her as this sweet person who was extraordinarily popular and got flowers on the daily.

Yashiro though? Shes still a sweet person, but based off vibes now that he's met her, he put her under the non-popular and got no guys. Which is fine, and Amane really had no room to talk. He wasn't very good-looking either and got no girls, not yet at least. It wasn't a main priority though, he was more focused on getting good grades so he can work in a good science field. He wanted to make good enough money to where someday he could visit the moon, it was a crazy dream but it was one he always believed he could achieve in, thats why he adored science class.

His train of thought got interrupted when a heavy weight suddenly entered his pocket, it was just his phone.

"Hey keep working, someday it'll pay off and you can join in on the harvest!" Yashiro cheered, Amane half-assed his enthusiasm as he continued working, even with the gloves, the slightest touch with the leaves on his elbows grew the flowers.

"Oh yeah, when you finish that planter, we have a job to do!" Amane glanced over at her while continuing to pull weeds out.

"Whats the job?"

"Well, they're a smaller apparition but they're pretty annoying, theyre adorable though! And they wont come after me so youre gonna get attacked by them, dont worry Ill make it worth your while."

"Im gonna.. get, attacked? Aint that the reason we have our whole deal?"

"Yeah but it's necessary, Ill save you dont worry." Yashiro booped his nose for sarcastic measure and waited under the tree for Amane to finish. Around 12 minutes later, Amane slid the gloves off and placed them on the box. Flowers were still all over his skin and he started picking them off as he walled over.

"Im ready."

"Alright! Just go roam the halls for a bit, Ill catch up with you."

Amane sighed before going back inside the building, it was mainly dark because it was afterschool and the lights were off, he couldn't help but feel nervous. Ever since he met Yashiro, couldn't that mean that other supernaturals could be real? He wasnt prepared to fight a mystery in the slightest, he continued walking down the darkened hallways. Eventually he started hearing noises, the slithering sound of slime but in hops, but every time he turned around, nothing was there.

"Hello?.." He nervously muttered out, he was trembling the more louder the sound got. He walked next to an opened door, and when his guard was down, he got pulled in. "HE-"

A fuzzy object went over top his mouth, causing his voice to be silenced. What was happening?

"Booo!" A couple of pink bunnies stood on top of each other to flip a light switch, they were surprisingly cute?

"What is actually happening-" Amane mumbled, the bunnies got off him and lined up in front of his view.

"Candy?"

Amane shook his head no.

"We want candy."

"I dont have any-"

The bunnies started towering up into one big mush of bunnies.

"Candy or your soul."

"WHAT THE FUC- YASHIRO WHAT DID YOU GET ME INTOOOO?!" Amane ran into the back of the storage room as the swarm started moving towards.

"I leave you alone for a second and this happens? Okkk then, thank you Amane!" Yashiro dramatically slammed open the closet door as she grabbed a flower themed pocket knife from her jacket. "C'mere Mokke, disperse if you want candy but then you have to behave."

The swarm immediately dispersed and huddled next to Yashiro. Amane who was still petrified in the corner just started blankly at the crowd.

Yashiro grabbed a handful of candy and placed all of it on the ground, having the group pick and choose what they want.

"What just happened?! I almost died!"

"Hey, didn't I tell you I would save you? Im not a liar you know." Yashiro huffed as she walked over to the shaking Amane in the corner.

"Im not going to let anybody bully you anymore, not while Im around at least." Yashiro smiled before grabbing his shoulders to pry him from the corner.

Amane sighed before stepping out towards the Mokke, he thought they were cute at first, but now, they seemed like vicious candy-hungry animals. It really was disgraceful.

"Those are the Mokke, they might be candy hungry but they're normally pretty hospitable. This is where I introduce rumor changes.."

In short, supernaturals have to change themselves based off the rumors spread about them. If theyre said to attack, theyll attack. Its mainly against their will though which is an uncomfortable experience for the apparitions themselves.

Amane sat back down and gently patted the Mokke on the far right, he was still trembling just a tiny bit.

"I know this was technically a plan and they almost attacked you buttt.. theres one part left of the plan. Can you change their rumor so they stop attacking students?"

Amane sighed.
"Alright, alright, fine."

Hey did you hear? People found out how to not get attacked by the Yousei!
Ooo please tell!
Carry around candy with you at all times, they love candy and they'll leave you alone after that.
Ill start doing that, thank you!

Amane slightly smiled as he walked past the gossipers, he actually did something good.
He was proud of himself for that.

—Meanwhile, at the middle school division—

"Yashiro of the Garden huh... Pfft this'll be easy! You wont be the Garden's holder anymore!"

Loud ass laughing was heard throughout the hallways, having kids nearby giggle and whisper. "What a weirdo."

"Ready or not Yashiro, youre going down."