Chapter 29: The School Sleepover!

Tonight was the night everyone was waiting for. The night of the school sleepover with everyone arrived at the crack of dusk. Amane and Tsukasa walked with their class to the practice garden to set their stuff down. He couldn't run over and talk with her but he waved and stayed the rest. With everyone there, the students was given the task to help make dinner with their group. Tsukasa was put in a group with other people and Amane was set with some upperclassman, he recognized the some faces but didnt know any of the names.

"Those look good Yugi, you make them often?" One asked. Amane had some practice with cooking since he always helped out around the house, and plus the baking he did with Tsukasa. Amane shook his head yes.

"Now we gotta wait for the half of our group to finish up the rice, it looks like its going smoothly though." She commented.

"Yeah."
Amane glanced over to the side to see Akane running around to assist the groups.

"Akane I need ____!!"
"Akane! Someone's sick!"
"Akane! My oven blew up!"
"___ and ___ are fighting Akane!"

In the short distance, maybe Amane was just imagining things but some random flute came out of nowhere. Why was the school band performing, especially now of all times?

"Hey do you hear that?" Amane asked a walking upperclassman.

"Hear what?" They just gave a confused look, so Amane moved on with his life. He didn't hear it since.

"Its burning." A student with yellow hair commented, observing a pot of rice. Fast forwarding, that night they ate burnt rice and veggie curry, luckily it still came out good. Right after eating and doing dishes, they went to their next event, which was bamboo-basket weaving. It has became a tradition over the years for the study camp, and its also a very versatile activity. Students can make many different items with it; flower baskets, lamp shades, and other items similar. While Amane was getting help by a member of the basket-weaving members, his pieces suddenly popped out, flying in different directions.

"Amane, here!" Tsukasa called out, handing the collected pieces back over. Tsukasa's already managed to finish one, it was a little wonky but pretty close to the one they were wanting to recreate.

"I never thought I would be staying the night at a high school and making baskets." An upperclassman added in.

"Fair, its unusual isnt it?" Another kid jumped into the conversation as well, Amane had classes with him and another one of Kou's close friends; Yokoo and Satou. "We used to go to centers for things like this."

"Back in the day, it was known as "awaiting the moon", around this time children would gather around and make baskets like this." Tsukasa added, "I heard it around school, thats what the study camp was for in the old days!"

"I never knew that." This is why Amane liked Tsukasa's stories, they were always so fascinating.

"I see you're educated on it." A club member praised.

"Yknow.. Doesnt it make you wonder why they never slept?" Tsukasa proposed.

"Cause they were up making these things?" Amane held up his half finished basket.

"Well... When you fall asleep, your soul becomes defenseless, and because you cant defend your soul.. It comes out.." Tsukasa was purposely trying to make his tone more creepy to set the tone.