Chapter 18: The Truth Got Out

Second day Amane had been back at school and he's already made bad decisions. He was taken to a pretty fancy place, definitely well kept. Well not taken, he went on his own freewill, and he got leaded by their student council president. He had to leave right after dropping him off to the door due to his presidential duties. So upon knocking, a familiar figure opened the door.

"No.1, its nice to see you again." Kou hadn't had time to tell Amane about last night's occurrence so he was completely astray to what could happen behind that door. He had previous fear on the idea but if Akane was leading it, surely it would be fine.

"It is, come on in." Akane started walking in with Amane on his trail.

"What'd you need me for? I thought you said us banding together was a one-time deal?" Amane recalled.

"You aren't here for me, you're here for a very good friend of mine. You've seen her before, I- Why do you look so nervous? She wont bite."
Akane caught Amane's worried expression from the corner of his eye.

"Whats her name.. Aoi isn't it?" Amane never liked Aoi, not for any particular reason apart from Yashiro's own nervousness around her.

"Mhm! I see I made an impression in your memory. Its nice to formally meet you." She held out her hand, Amane just shook it to keep it from being awkward.

"You too, uhm.. What'd you need me for?" Amane questioned.

"Just to talk, I love meeting friends of Nene-chan's, yknow, she really has taken a liking to you. She hasn't been this close with somebody since me." Amane nodded as Aoi lead the way to a beautiful decorated table. It had a white tablecloth with an assortment of colors lining the bottom with a matching tea-set and an spectrum of snacks.

"She hasn't? I thought I wasn't the only one who's summoned her." He sat down at the table, he had his guard high up and he already prepared himself for worst case scenario on the way here.

"No, multiple people have, she just did her job and nothing else. It was quite unusual, I dunno if something happened after I died though." Aoi casually threw out, tracing the top of her teacup with a finger. "I believe shes just scared of getting hurt, has she not told you?"

"She hasnt.. But I don't blame her, if she's not ready then shes not ready to talk about it. Do you have any clues?"

"I don't, but please watch over her for me. Its clear she doesn't like me and I want somebody in her corner."

"Uhm, will do. You sure you have no clue why she dislikes you?"

"No, none at all. But please tell me about you though, I would love to learn more."

So Amane started telling about himself. His dislikes, likes, school, his brother, all that stuff. Every once in awhile he would look around to make sure nobody was holding a bag over his head. After speaking with her for maybe an hour, he was tryna figure out what made Yashiro hate her so much. Or even what drove Yashiro to murder..

Aoi said her final goodbyes as Amane walked out of the room. He didn't know the way back, so he made the impulsive decision to just guess. Corner, after corner, and after corner. He did have some success but it was very slow, he spent 15 minutes just tryna find the way back to the normal part of school, he's definitely never gonna find the way back there again.

There was one thing that Aoi mentioned while he was on his way out, and no matter what he thought of nothing other than that.

"I believe she's just scared of getting hurt."

What did that even mean? Amane had so many questions for Yashiro, and that was just another one into the growing pile. He didnt have the guts to ask Yashiro something as personal as that, he knew it was gonna overflow eventually, it was inevitable.

He finally made it to the garden around 4, where Yashiro and Kou were chatting. All the gardening chores were already done with the help of some rain.

"Amane there you are! Where've you been??" Yashiro started asking, Amane nervously laughed. It kept ringing in his head what Aoi had said but he couldn't connect it to Yashiro. She seemed pretty open for someone who was supposedly scared of getting hurt.

"I had to stay after for something, sorry- Uh Kou, I need you for a second." He grabbed Kou's arm and quickly lead him to the hallway. Yashiro just watched as he got dragged away with a confused expression.

"Look, Kou.. Do you have any information on Yashiro? Just in general." Amane felt bad asking behind Yashiro's back, guess curiosity killed the cat as they say.

"Like rumor information or like... stuff only we would know?" Kou needed confirmation, from what he was told in the 4pm library, that Yashiro never cared. Even then he was starting to second guess her words.

"Stuff only we would know, I got something new from somebody so.." Amane fidgeted with his thumbs.

"Yeah. Awhile ago in the 4pm library after you went with spider sensei that.." Kou took a pause, Amane was nervous about it himself.
"Oh crud I forgot!" Kou didn't actually forget, but he just wanted to keep Amane from getting upset with Yashiro. He didn't want to be the start of drama even if its the truth, not yet at least.

"Oh thats alright!" Amane nervously laughed, now he was curious on what happened while he was gone. If something even did happen that is.

"What did you have?" Kou asked.

"I heard something about her liking Strawberry-Flavored Rice Cakes." Aoi wasn't the one to tell him that, but Amane remembered hearing it around from Yako or something. He didn't want to make Kou as confused as he was so he was gonna keep it to himself.

"Oh! Maybe I can rent us a kitchen someday! I heard that you also enjoy baking with your brother right?"

"Mhm, yeah I do."

"Alrighty, after school tomorrow meet me in front of the cooking room. DON'T tell Yashiro."  Kou ordered, Amane nodded as they shook hands in their agreement. Yashiro was listening to some of it behind the door but walked away when she heard about the 4pm library. She wasn't mad or anything about him saying if he did, but now she was expecting an awkward conversation.