Chapter 9: Unexpected Reunion

"Our secrets?!"
Kou and Amane shouted out.

"Yeah, I keep track of every students whos ever attended here, quite fitting isn't it?" Tsuchigomori replied, Yako was trying not to laugh from behind.

"Earring kid, you go first." Tsuchigomori crossed his arms as Kou gulped, Amane had never been more relieved that Kou was sacrificing his dignity first.

"Alright well uhm... Im scared of festival masks!" Kou loudly confessed, his face turning red, it wasn't as red as when he got close to Yashiro though.

"Yeahhhh.. 3/10, that was predictable."
Tsuchigomori commented, leaving Kou feeling utterly more embarrassed.
"You too."

Amane swallowed, what was he gonna use. He had plenty of 'juicy' secrets packed inside his memory. Would he use a well-known moment? Or the time when he accidentally fell on his face when walking down his stairs at home?
Regardless he was gonna embarrass himself.

"I love donuts.. thats it."
Amane muttered, nobody heard though.
They all just stared.
This pained him internally.
He had to repeat it.
It was for the yorishiro, he had to power through.

He slowly repeated it, and after, everybody just glared. He didnt know if it was to take it in a good or bad way. Kou rubbed his back as they both awkwardly stood there in embarrassment.

"No.7, do you wish to partake?" Tsuchigomori spun the pipe between his fingers before taking a blow.

"Nah I'll pass today. Now, wheres your Yorishiro at?" Yashiro asked, holding out her hand.

"Your assistant will be the one in charge of that." He looked between the two boys.
"Which one is it No.7?"

"The short one with brown hair." Yashiro pointed at Amane who was still recovering from his embarrassment.

"Right-" Amane sighed before stepping forward. Yashiro walked over to him and whispered quietly beside him.

"I have an important discussion to speak about with you after this... hey dont look so nervous! I promise, you have nothing to worry about." Yashiro gently shook him as she got off, standing next to Kou, Tsuchigomori ushered for Amane to follow him down another hallway, as they continued down, the doorway closed behind shelves.

"You told him not to be worried, but are you?"
Kou asked, seeing Yashiro's dejected expression.

"Im fine as long as he is, it doesnt matter to me regardless." Yashiro answered.

"What do you mean doesnt matter?" Kou continued prying.

"I don't care if he lives. Im dead and he's a human, theres no point in getting attached to a human when theyre just gonna disappear later." Yashiro sighed. "Cmon, we best be getting back, Amane will come back on his own time." Yashiro started leading the way, but paused when she didnt see Kou following. "Kou?"

"So all of this doesnt matter to you?"

"I never said that. I mean, its cool, and it really takes me back, but well.. yeah youre right I suppose." She continued walking, which Kou reluctantly followed so he wouldnt be left behind.

Thats when Kou started having a heavy debate with himself. Maybe he should tell Amane before he got too attached, but Kou knew thats been long past. He noticed how Amane's bandages have been slowly disappearing, it was a good sign, he wasnt getting bullied anymore, but that was all because of Yashiro. People were scared that a ghost was gonna get revenge on them if they picked on him, Kou knew dang well that Amane loved that. Well, he cant blame Amane, he really liked Yashiro too. But isn't that more reason to just to tell Amane? Maybe he should give it more thought..