Chapter 25: The Candy Plague

During math class, Kou had moved to sit with Amane towards the back while the teacher taught. They did that once a week since when the teacher allowed them to.

"Yesterday Teru-nii was acting.. different than normal, I got a bad feeling somethings gonna happen today." Kou quietly brought up as they worked on a worksheet.

"We work for a garden ghost, something bad happens almost everyday." Amane whispered back. The teacher snapped at them though to get them to be quiet.

"Im serious about that."

Amane had taken the note Kou passed over and he wrote on the back.

"Is your earring a fortune teller now? Lol."

Even if he was joking about it. Since Kou brought it up, it had stained his train of thought. It was annoying. He didnt want to spend the day worrying about his friend's brother's actions. Yet it happened anyways. And he was very underprepared for what he saw when he and Kou entered the garden. Yashiro was sitting down with some of the Mokke by a planter, which was definitely abnormal and a bunch of candy wrappers were padded under the dirt.

"Yashiro whats going on- YASHIRO-"
She had turned around to face him and grabbed both of his hands with her own, she didn't look well. She looked heavily sick but not in the standard way, its like if love was a sickness.. Even the Mokke looked weird. He couldn't tell if she was trying to give him a hug or something but it was bizarre.

"Gimme candyyyy.."

That brought back a flashback.

Kou muttered something before pushing Yashiro away from Amane. "Yashiro what the hell?!" Kou shouted.

"SHES ACTING LIKE THE PINK BUNNY THINGS!" Amane yelled back.

"The mokke? Yeah I can see that. Cmon we have to-" He was going to suggest they run to safety, away from Yashiro, but Amane was already ahead of him and started running.

"Kou hurry up!" Amane shouted, holding the metal door open as Kou caught up, he slammed the door once he was in and they ran for it. "If she's acting like the Mokke then-"

Oh lordly the sight that unfolded in front of them. There was a massive group of students that were being bitten or acting just as the Mokke. They were nit-picking through the students for kids they recognized, Kou even saw a couple of his other friends in that crowd.

"YOKOO! SATOU!" Kou yelled out, the two glanced over at who yelled it but didnt see anybody.

"Couldnt you have gotten into your own locker??" Amane and Kou had panically shoved themselves into a empty locker, there was a couple others next door.

"This isnt the time!" Amane said back, attempting to keep as much distance from him as possible. He stopped leaning over and poked his head up to see through the small bar windows in the locker, seeing the infected students roam the halls. "What're we going to do about them?"

"See if Teru-nii knows, maybe this whole thing is connected to last night."

"What even happened last night??"

"He had something in a basket and he hid in his room all night, I just remember Tiara wanting it. I was busy cooking dinner in the kitchen."