Chapter 8: Never Let The Exorcist and The Assistant Go Alone

Amane's walk home was more lonely than normal, if that was the right word. He couldn't tell who he was more mad at, himself or Yashiro. He was mad at himself on one hand because he should of caught on, but with Yashiro? She should of just told him, that was the frustrating part. He knew she felt bad though, which helped a little.

So the next day when he arrived to the garden after school, he was expecting Yashiro to be her normal cheery and happy self, but something was way off.

"Im sorry but I gotta cancel today's mission, Im busy with stuff I cannot go because of it." Yashiro spoke, she sat in her normal spot between her grave and the tree. Amane figured it wasn't about last night, or well he hoped, and that it was another reason, or it was nothing at all. He really didn't want to have to deal with a garden ghost's drama, but he had to, he could tough it out.

"Hey uh, Yashiro, you doing ok?.. I sorta yelled at you last night." Amane muttered as he started sliding on his blue gardening gloves.

"Huh? Oh yeah, Im doing fine." Yashiro responded, a Mokke came over as she grabbed a candy from her pocket.

"Alrighty then."
Amane continued his gardening duties, per usual he finished within an hour, and not to pat himself on the back but hes gotten better. At first he was consistently covered in the flowers, now he might get a little over five, which was progress.

After he finished, he just left. That was not normal, he normally stayed after just to talk in general but the energy was too awkward to wanna stay. But instead of talking with Yashiro, he bumped into Kou in the hallway.

"Amane, you need to come with me." Kou grabbed his hand in a hurry and started taking him through the hallways, going way too fast for Amane to process.

"Woah slowdown! Why??"
Amane asked with a confused tone.

"Look, theres this mystery or something that has to do with knowledge on people, or something. And I dont wanna go alone sooo youre coming with me."

"What do you need knowledge on?"
Amane finally got his wrist out of Kou's grip and they paused.

"Well, Im gonna look up on Yashiro. My brother is getting on me about the whole thing and I need some answers, Yashiro hasnt told us much so I thought that maybe.. You get what Im saying?"

"What if we find something bad? You arent gonna exorcise her are you??"

"Chill, and that just depends I guess."
Kou stepped into the library with Amane on his trail.

Amane recognized the rumor but didnt know much on it. He just remembered that a certain book would open up a whole hallway of student information.

So, with no idea on which book it was, they tested all the books.

All of them.

Until they got to the last case, they pulled on a white book and the case moved, revealing a long hallway. "Uh, Ill go first I guess-" Kou grabbed his staff from behind his back and used it as protection as they started walking down the hallway. Each step had a small water echo with it, the collection of white and black books along shelves, in a boundary without Yashiro... Amane would admit, he was nervous.

They had their eye out for the book with Yashiro's name on it. They found it towards the middle on the upper shelf and Kou wheeled a wooden ladder over. Once Amane climbed up and took a seat on the highest part, he grabbed Yashiro's book. He felt bad looking at her personal information, but if he was completely honest, he was sorta interested as well.