Chapter 5: Gotta Place Trust in your Ghost Friends

Before first period, Amane was doing his normal routine of giving the finished homework to some people in the halls, he had a weird feeling all morning though.

Tsukasa went his own way earlier than normal, and headed somewhere else instead of their 1st period. So when Amane entered the classroom and didnt see his counterpart, there was an immediate panic that surged through his body.

Tsukasa's desk was gone.
Tsukasa's creepy-ass drawings on the whiteboard were gone.

There was no sign of his existence anywhere in that classroom. Still worried, he went around asking classmates and even his teacher about his brother's disappearance.

Nobody remembered him.
Like his existence never were there.
Some people even said he's always been an only child.

Tsukasa was always annoying and he wished he would disappear sometimes but he never actually meant it, sorta.

Amane stepped out of the classroom and instantly ran towards the practice garden. Surely Yashiro must have known something, right?

Yashiro was sitting on her tombstone in the garden alone. She wasnt asleep but she had her eyes closed, it was a good temperature to appreciate the fall weather, so Amane felt a tad bad when he had to deliver his news.

"So youre saying your brother is missing? Hmmmmmm..."

Before Amane could add the details, a very loud disturbance interrupted them.

It was the other middle schooler, he ran into some buckets trying to use the blocked off door as a faster way to the garden.

"Kou, shouldnt you be in class?"
Yashiro asked, gotta love Amane favoritism.

"I'm not saying you did it but where did my friends go?! Nobody remembers them, and apparently it must be a strange occurrence this is happening RIGHT AFTER YOU TRIED CURSING ME!"

"I swear I just have bad memory," Yashiro shrugged off, "and same thing happened to Amane."

"THEN WHERES OUR FRIENDS, WHO MAKES UP RUMORS WHERE THEY DISAPPEAR AND NO ONE REMEMBERS THEM?! Not saying its you though!"

"STOP BEING SO LOUD SO I CAN EXPLAIN"
Yashiro whined out. "And yeah you're right, it wasn't me." She huffed.

It took a second for her to get Kou and Amane to sit on a planter, and she strutted as she spoke as if she was a military general.
Why are these people so dramatic?

"Alright, I shall introduce you both to a very old friend of mine. Miss Misaki, No.2, and ruler of the Misaki Staircase." She thought for a moment, "Ughhh this is gonna be a lot of explaining, if only y'all were smarter this would be much easier."

In short of Yashiro's long explanation..
There is seven mysteries through the school, Yashiro was already known to be the 7th, and now Misaki was known as the 2nd.

"The entrance for Miss Misaki's boundary, an in between of the dead and living worlds, we follow as Miss's rumor says."

Step on the fourth step on the staircase besides the art room, that'll take you there.