Chapter 31: 24 Hours of Chaos

"We need go get you two back to the school before you're all screwed!!!" Yashiro shouted out as they all ran through the boundary. The elevator was up ahead as she made sure Tsukasa and Kou got in. "I got unfinished business here, Aoi brought you guys here, she should be the one that brings you two back."

"But what about you?!" Kou asked as he looked between Aoi and Yashiro, was it all supernaturals that were fading? Aoi clearly was starting to go through the same process, chipping away slowly. The elevator doors shut as the elevator was transported away in an instant, which was Yashiro's cue to go help Amane out. The severance couldn't be reversed as it was set in motion, but at least Amane wouldn't be too fucked.

She reached the shrine arch again, holding a rope she found on the way, there was no way up from the drop so hopefully the rope can be some help of getting back up. She tied it up despite her chipping away, wrapping it around her vanishing waist. "This better work.." She looked down at the drop, giving a small wince before running for the jump.

"When I was told I was being eaten I didn't think I would be getting chased down like this-" Amane thought as he hid behind some decaying cardboard boxes, a human skeleton and a human-shaped pillow? Were those the 'failed peace options?' If so he could see why they didn't work, they looked like shit.

After some time of hearing the hungry supernaturals start decaying from the poison in his blood or whatever, he heard some slashing and the apparitions moaning in pain. Amane took a small peak from where he was hiding, seeing Yashiro use the knife as a way to threaten them to stay back. Even stabbing those who weren't threatened.

"Uh why do you look like that-" Amane commented as he stood up. Yashiro laid a quick slap on Amane's face.

"Well with coming down here, even if one of them bite you, it causes a chain reaction to all the supernaturals. Causing us all to go away like a hack code."

"Oh right.." Amane rubbed the spot he was slapped. "I deserved that."

"Cmon let's get you out before it's too late." By the time they started walking to the rope, most of the supernaturals were on the ground, screaming and moaning in pain as they started chipping away themselves. "The rope should automatically pull you up, just get a good grip on it."

"I ain't going up there without you." He held a hand out, waiting for Yashiro's half intact hand to take it back. Which she took his and took hold of the other side of the rope, which automatically pulled them up to the shrine arch.

"So.. This is our last ever time seeing each other? Like, forever?"

"As far as I know of? Yeah.."

"Then I have one thing I want to do then, just once."

"What is it-?"

It took any guts Amane had to pull such a bold move, especially under the circumstances they had currently. Yet, if it was their last meeting, Amane wasn't going to let her go without just a tiny kiss, as long as she accepted it of course.

"Amane what the-" Her face turned bright red, it was their last moments, so, she did it back.

And yet when he opened his eyes, he was back in the school. What the fuck happened in those 2 seconds? Kou was gone to who knows where and Tsukasa was waiting there.