Chapter 4: Imagine Being a Simp for a Garden Ghost

Its been a day since the Mokke had their rumor changed and viciously attacked Amane.

And today was the day...

"YASHIRO OF THE GARDEN! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL FOR YOUR EXORCISM!"
A male yelled from the 2nd floor window, his foot was on the sill and his other foot in the building, he held out a golden staff pointed towards Yashiro.

Amane just gave him a disgusted and puzzled look. "From there?"

Kou started speaking again but his foot slipped off the windowsill platform and he fell off onto the ground in the practice garden. Amane just held back his laughter as Kou got up and walked over to them both. He stopped though.

Holy shit she's beautiful- NO STAY ON TRACK shes still an evil spirit! But shes so pretty-

"This isn't funny! And why're you siding with the garden ghost, she's pure evil!"

"She's also the same person who watches boy band MVs on my phone, I dunno how that's evil."

"Surely you've seen her fight, she always brings outta weapon right? The only reason she has that is because she killed somebody!"

"Pffffttt Yashiro, tell me he's joking."

Yashiro remained quiet though, dead quiet.

"Yashiro?"

"See I told you, you can see it all over her guilty face." Kou pointed out. He was right.
Yashiro's eyes were wide open and she was..
Trembling?

"What if I didn't want to share that with my new assistant just yet? Shouldn't that be on my timeline?" Yashiro spoke out, she did seem brave, he'll give her that, but it was so evident, to Amane at least, that she was guilty.

Guilty as charged.

He hated that.

"See I told you. Me and my family have been trying to exorcise this demonic creature for generations, not even my great-great-great-great grandma could seize her!" Kou shouted.

"Your great-great-great-great grandma? Nah Im sorry but that must have been old generation me, Ive only been here for 20 years."

"Still! Your kind should be forgotten!"

"Mkay then- so we dueling orrrrr?"

"Right!"

Amane stopped paying attention at that point, he was bored of their blabber so he decided to do homework as they dueled. He just finished his 3rd copy of the work when he heard a blood curdling scream, he jolted his head up to see them.

Kou just completely froze with a bright red face, his staff was taken from him and Yashiro was taunting him with it. It was continuously zapping her hand but she didnt show any reaction. She pulled out a sticker, the same as the white and blue one on her cheek, and placed it on the top part of it.

"That was a relic passed down through my whole family! TAKE IT OFF." Kou cried out, frantically trying to rip it off. Yashiro just smiled.

"Im sorry, if you didnt try so hard I wouldn't have to. Considering you still hurt yourself with your own staff, youre pretty good for a middle schooler. You will be a great exorcist someday, I know it." Yashiro held his cut up hand in hers, Kou was bright red.

It was truly a sight.

Kou, who already embarrassed himself enough, sighed before running out of the practice garden.

"Ill get you next time Yashiro of the Garden!!"

The next day though, while Amane was growing flowers on his skin and pulling out weeds, the idiot came back. Yashiro put Amane's phone in her shirt as the kid ran over.

"No Im not here to exorcise you!. Yet.. But anyways, to make sure you aren't causing havoc in our school, Ill watch you. Mainly for my older brothers sake." Kou defensively explained, today he had his staff covered by a bag that strapped over his chest.

"And your name is Kou Minamoto... Is your brother the hot student president by any chance?" Yashiro walked over to him, bright smile and all.

"The hot- Well yeah."

"Aye I love him, he hates me but yknow, I can still admire him from a distance."

"He wants you to permanently disappear-"

"Yeah, thats why I said from a distance."

Amane finally finished the planter he was on and wiped some occurring sweat off with his forearm, causing some flowers to pop up. He was tired of those dumb flowers, not only when he was working here they grew, but any time he did anything. It made doing house chores at home very... awkward.

—2 Days Ago—

"Amane I accidentally knocked moms plant over, wheres the trash bags again?"

"Theyre in the lower cabinet, lemme help." Amane walled into the kitchen to notice the broken flower pot and soil all over the ground. He handed the small trash bag to Tsukasa and started picking up the soil with his hands, thats when he remembered the curse. Flowers started popping up all over his hands and wrists. Tsukasa was busy, for some reason, trying to superglue the vase back together.

Amane rushed up to the sink to panically start rubbing his hands vigorously underneath the hot water to brush the flowers off. As dirt seeped down from his hands, more flowers appeared. It genuinely seemed like a nightmare to get the stubborn things off. Sometimes he even gave himself a rash or a burn from the conditions to get it off.

"Amane you ok?" Tsukasa asked.

————

"Amaneee, you're spacing out again."

"Can I skip the last planter? I have homework."
Yashiro nodded confusedly as Amane sat on a bench to do work.

"So I get special attention then? Sign me up." She held out her hand, but before Kou shook hers, Amane interrupted.

"DON'T SHAKE IT YOU'LL BE CURSED."

Kou immediately put his hand to his side, seeing the confused Yashiro, Kou glared at her before blushing and sitting next to Amane.

"Oh by the way, we have another job tomorrow. Minamoto, would you like to participate with us?"

Kou didn't really have an option as he was supposed to be watching Yashiro.

"Yeah, sure."

—Meanwhile at the Yugi Living Room—

"Have you ever heard of the Misaki stairs? Step on the 4th step, and you'll enter a real-life build a body workshop. Fail your duties and you're forever destined to serve underneath No.2"

Tsukasa leaned into the living room TV once again. He was alone huddled into a blanket on the floor with a bowl of popcorn next to him, it was mainly pitch dark except for the reflection on Tsukasa's face.

"Maybe I should test this out myself."