Chapter 28: Things Are Looking Up!

"Ok, so neither of us knows what Yashiro meant yesterday?" Kou asked. They were walking to Yashiro's garden now that school was over. Amane just shook his head no. By her tone, it was obvious it was nothing bad. Or hopefully, at least. Amane was the one to open the metal door, the crops were already managed to thanks to the gardening club. Under the tree, Yashiro was in her normal spot, back to reading one of her volumes.

"Hey Yashiro!!" Kou called out as they ran over, Yashiro putting the book down, "What did you have planned for today?"

"Well, it's been awhile since I've been able to do a certain thing so I thought.." She grabbed some objects from her skirt pocket; a spectrum of nail polish colors alongside some colorful hair clips and ties.

"What are those for?"

"My sister does those a lot on me and Teru-nii, it's "makeovers." Kou answered.

Yashiro saw their expressions, and in a pleading tone, "Oh please! It won't be that bad!!"

So reluctantly, they took their seats at one of the picnic tables that was already prepared for the occasion. And they started off with nail painting, Kou choosing a baby blue and Amane with a dark red. Per usual, Yashiro's painting skills were nothing less than impressive. They were undeniably smooth and the colors complimented them well. Despite Amane's attempts to hide the small redness on his face, he did like how his turned out. Yashiro's caring nature to make sure they were done so perfectly just added to it. Kou meanwhile was openly expressing his encouragement for it.

"Wasn't there something else?.." Amane mumbled to himself, eyeing the clips and ties on the table on Yashiro's side.

"Let's do them!" Kou (impulsively) suggested first. Amane hesitantly agreed to it, Yashiro's eyes beamed up. Yashiro stood up and went behind them, doing one's before the other. Even with both of their hair being on the short side, they managed to get put into small "buns" (which was more so ponytails) on the side.  Thats when it just occurred to them that's exactly what Yashiro did with her own hair earlier that day. They were all matching. She even painted her nails a light coral and blue as well.

"All done! What do you think??" She enthusiastically asked, handing them a pristine white hand mirror.

"It isn't my style-" Amane quietly commented. Kou (gently) kicked his foot from underneath the table. "I mean, it looks good."

"Yeah!!"

So they spent the rest of the afternoon taking stupid photos, which was mainly Yashiro's doing, and goofing off. Although, when Amane arrived at home, he completely forgot about taking the hair clips down and giving them back to Yashiro.

"Amane what'd you do with your hair??" Tsukasa hollered from the couch, hanging off from the back side.

"Huh-" He grabbed one of the sparkly clips, immediately taking the other out and stuffing it in his pocket. "Uhm, some girls at our school is trying to start up a cosmetics club and I got wrapped into it." It wasn't far off, there was a small group of art students looking for an opportunity to improve. Not exactly in the cosmetics or hair department though. What? He couldn't just say a ghost did his hair and nails.

—————

It all started when it was mid-class during the next school day. Amane decided to just leave the classroom. His class was being loud and obnoxious since the teacher was out getting paper copies. Now he was just roaming the halls, a much more peaceful contrast. Normally, classroom doors were closed to not be disruptive, except for one particular one; Mr.Tsuchigomori's class. Commonly a hangout for supernaturals when he wasn't teaching. He heard some faded speaking, and to be respectful, he just kept walking.