Chapter 24: Getting Hit By a Bull Has Its Perks

When Kou and Amane arrived at the garden that day, Yashiro was doing the gardening herself, that was new. She normally did that if it were only necessary or if something was on her mind.

"Yashiro?" Amane called out as he and Kou walked over.

"Yeah?" She answered back, looking behind. Something was definitely on her mind. Just something about her attempting to keep a blank expression. Amane couldn't tell if it was good or bad news though.

"You just seem a tad off, you never do the gardening unless somethings up." Kou commented.

"Well.."
Yashiro stood up and cleared her throat.
"Im taking you guys to a festival!"

"How?! You cant even leave the school."
Amane quickly threw out.

"Cause Im magic. Well I wish. Actually, theres this thingy we do for the mysteries every year and I wanna take you as my guests!" Yashiro announced. Kou and Amane glanced at each other and back at her before celebrating. "You guys are open tonight right?"

"Yeah I am." Kou answered, glancing at Amane who pulled his flip-phone out.

"I should be, I gotta check though gimme a moment." Amane walked back inside the building and dialed Tsukasa's number and brought it up to his ear.

"Tsukasa, we arent doing anything tonight right?" Amane asked once the call connected.

"Uhmmm.. I think that one cousin is coming over." Tsukasa answered. "Why?"

"Oh him..  Please cover for me, Im going to be home late. I promise I'll make it up to you." Amane pleaded.

"I know Amane."

"And please dont make him cry again."

"I will try! Byeee Amane!!!"

Amane didn't even have time to hang up before Tsukasa did. He really had making up to do with Tsukasa. Amane walked back out to the garden. "Yeah Im clear."

"Alright! Go do homework or something, I gotta go speak to Yako before we go!" Yashiro cheered as she ran inside the building.

"Amane, youre better at science can you help me with the homework?" Kou mentioned, Amane's eyes lit up in excitement. He loved his science class, he and Amane had the same teacher but different class periods.

"Mhm!" They sat down on one of the benches as Kou pulled out a mechanical pencil and the page and put it on top of his folder to act as a surface. "So which parts are confusing? You seem to be getting it?" Amane asked, looking over Kou's shoulder.

"These right here." He pointed to a couple problems and Amane guided him through it without giving immediate answers.
It felt great.

Not even a couple minutes later they had finished the worksheet and Kou actually did most of the work, just with Amane's guidance. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"No problem, now I know what to put down for mine when I get to it." Amane responded, trying to make a joke, as Kou put everything in his bag.

"When you get to it? You still doing homework for those people?" Kou questioned. "I thought they woulda been doing their own work since the school-"