Chapter 30: We Go Down Together.

As Amane stepped through the portal, the other side was a small room with some Mokke chilling about, a crystal orb on a table, the stuff that you would expect for a supernatural. And oddly enough, a box with some donuts on the table?

"Help yourself to one, No.7 has mentioned you liked them." The supernatural pointed out before leaving the room momentarily. Well actually, homemade. There was a difference. Amane investigated the box, any other time he would take one regardless, but well... That wouldn't be smart. Instead, his attention was taken over to the crystal ball some Mokke were staring at. He stepped over, taking it in hand.

"What's this for?" He looked around the circular object, not seeing much in the mysterious orb. The supernatural was still off to who-knows-where doing who-knows what. One of the mokke jumped up onto his wrist, using their ear to rub against the glass. It was like looking into the footage of a ring doorbell, and nothing passed by for a bit. So, with no results, he decided to just put it down and keep exploring. Before he set it down on the stand, a figure was enough to draw his attention back. And it was Yashiro. Is that where the supernatural left to?

------

"No.6!" Yashiro called out, looking around the massive boundary. Sumire made it look good in here, the flowers, the lights, the structures to make it feel lively.

"No.7!" No.6 met up to a middle spot with Yashiro. "With none of the backups or the peace option working, it was mandatory to bring him here."

"I get it, I wish you told me but I'm not mad. How's it looking so far?" Yashiro asked, looking around for any suspicious objects, not deadly, but Yashiro knew how No.6 worked. They had camera-like objects around, and if there was a chance Amane had access to the cameras.. It was just easier to talk about it knowing Amane wasn't eavesdropping.

"Not good, it isn't taking any of our offers. It needs a living human for it to work." No.6 responded, "We both knew the peace option won't work forever".

"We do, it just isn't fair to him is all.. Is there any option that can work? Even the backups of the backups?"

"No.7. It's tough but us sitting out here talking isn't benefiting him. If he's going to hear the news officially, it should be from you."  Yashiro knew she was right, that would be best. If only things could of been different...

Some time later, they made it back to the place Amane was. He himself was happy to see her, despite her efforts to make it seem fine, her expression was sorrowful. That was worrying, and he already had a feeling what was ahead. "It didn't work, did it?" Amane asked.

"No.6, may I borrow Amane for a minute?" Yashiro asked, No.6 gave her approval and Yashiro took Amane for a leisure walk around the boundary. "It didn't go through, none of them did."

"Not even the back-up's backups?"

"Not even those. We've tried as much as we could, but nothing ended up working in the end." The dirt path they walked was lit by glowing flowers and dim lanterns hanging on poles and wooden structures.

"So, is this just the end though? What happens after I go through with this?"

"Us supernaturals are gone for good, you get eaten and we cross back over the border. We'll never see each other again possibly."