Chapter 27: Exams

As far as it once seemed, exams were right around the corner. It was roughly a couple days away now and students were starting their studying to pass. Amane had to get a "tutor" since his grades were still low, but the tutor and him didn't get along the first time they met so he gave up and had to study alone in his empty classroom. He had heard some footsteps but he just brushed it off as a teacher or a kid who forgot something. That happened a lot.
He didnt bother to look up if that was the case.

"Yugi, what have I told you about our deadline?" A guy spoke out from behind him, he knew the voice. It was the leader of the people who targeted him, he never knew his name though.

Amane really wanted to call him out on his bullshit, but he kept quiet though and closed his book instead. "Look, Im sorry, but I have work of my own to do."

"Get over here." He grabbed a section of his hair and pulled Amane up out of his seat. There was a girl hanging out by the doorway, probably his girlfriend, they were always together.

"Hey!-" Thats when he got thrown down into a desk. The desk got hit down to it's side and Amane fell down after, instantly rubbing his back.

(TW?) "I mean, whats the point of you studying? You're gonna end up killing yourself before you even get to high school. May as well continue with our work until then."

Normally Amane brushed their dumb remarks off, but that.. Maybe he was just in a bad mood already. But he didn't even think before putting his hand in a fist, and smacking him right in the face.

"How about you do your own work you piece of absolute-!" While the bully was still down, Amane got on top of him. He didnt know what he was doing, but he couldnt physically stop himself. Something inside him was chanting "he deserves this.", but the other half told him "just let it go!". And which side did he listen to..

"Stop!! Im sorry!!" The bully screamed out, Amane finally pulled himself out from his thoughts to the cruel mess in front of him. He had a bleeding nose, a busted lip, an already swelling bruise on his cheek, and tears streaming down his face. He looked petrified. Amane just slowly got off him. His knuckles were bleeding from the sudden fight and his hands were trembling. He just froze up. Something about the bruised body in front of him was like looking in a mirror, all he could see was himself. He hated that. He glanced at the girl from the door who was running off, somebody else was there though.

"Tsukasa! I.." The boy he had just beaten up ran outside the door, brushing past Tsukasa's shoulder.

"Amane! What happened?!" Tsukasa ran into the messed up classroom. There was droplets of blood on the wooden floor from the guy's bloody nose. Amane stiffly sat back down at his desk, attempting to hold back what he was feeling.

"Tsukasa, I just.." Amane was still trembling and he just looked down at the floor, his pained hands gripping his pants.

"Ive never seen that out of you, Im actually kinda impressed." Tsukasa put Amane's hands on the desk and followed routine as normal and wrapped up Amane's hands.

"Dont encourage this, Tsukasa. I did something bad." Amane replied.

"Im just saying, I think he deserved it. Also can you stop shaking so much? Its hard to wrap." Amane agreed with that first statement partly. Yes they deserved to know what they put him through for years, but he never wanted to be the one to do it. If that made any sense.