Chapter 23: Under The Bright Starlight

Kou and Amane ran out into the practice garden, it was as lively as ever and all the plants were thriving like normal.

"This is it Kou..." Amane stepped over to the tree but unsuprisingly her small gravestone was gone. No flowers either, just an empty patch of dirt.

"So she never died in this world?" Kou questioned, Amane just shrugged.

"Probably, maybe."

"What're you guys doing out here? Lunch ends in a minute." Yashiro commented, walking to the guys from the doorway. "I didnt know you guys were into gardening."

"Uh yeah we are!" Amane fibbed, turning around to face Yashiro. He couldn't help but wonder whats the deal with her ankles, if he was doing an estimate, they were about 30cm. In their actual reality, they were about 25cm. It was odd.

"Uhm, whatre you looking at?-" Yashiro asked, Amane just immediately looked back up.

"SORRY I SPACED OUT!" Amane shrieked, he didnt want Yashiro thinking he was a weirdo or something, but honestly it probably made it worse.

"Yeah yeah, I get it." The loud class time bell rang throughout the whole school, signaling high school lunch was over. "We gotta go cmon!" Yashiro grabbed Amane's hand and ran with him to their last class.

"H-Hold up!" Amane yelled between breaths, Yashiro let go when they were a couple doors before their class's.

"What? We're gonna be late." Yashiro reasoned.

"Is this like.. actually you Yashiro? Like garden ghost Yashiro?"

"Garden ghost?.. You feeling ok Amane?" She placed a hand on his forehead. "I've always been in your class?"

"Yeah Im fine, just... never mind. Lets go." Amane lead them to the classroom and he sat down in his seat.

And thats how the rest of the day went, Amane continued on as normal. Kou did the same with Mitsuba. But nothing could suppress the growing suspicion that was planted in their train of thought. What made it even more suspicious was that there was no night time, or a way to leave after dark. Around after school ended it just restarted to 7am exactly, about 30 minutes before school started.

And the next day was the day of the dance, and Yashiro wouldn't shut up about it, in a bad way.

"Mannn its too late to ask Minamoto!!" Yashiro whined out, placing her palms on the sides of her forehead and scrunching the sides of her hair.

Amane wasnt exactly excited for it, sure it was going to be a fun event but he was sort of jealous. Just the mentioning of Teru Minamoto threw him off. He wanted to be the one Yashiro danced with, but he couldn't just say it. Shes said it before, he wasn't her type. Besides, if this really isnt reality, and if its actually Yashiro, wouldn't she remember it? That would be awkward if she remembered it, it was too sappy for his liking.

But now, the dance was in roughly 15 minutes and Amane was still getting ready for it. He already got the main stuff on: black dress pants, a white button up, a red vest with a black dress jacket overtop. He wanted to look somewhat decent. He was now waiting for Tsukasa to finish so he didnt have to be alone for the whole thing, Tsukasa was in something similar but it was dark purple instead.
(The outfits are similar to (official?) art I found, Ill leave the photo at the top of the chapter.)