Chapter 14: The Hot Older Brother

Amane didn't go to school that day, which meant Kou had a chance to speak with Yashiro. Ever since No.5's boundary, Kou needed to get more dirt on Yashiro (pun intended), he had so many questions and Amane refused to answer them. Kou respected it though and quit asking, Amane had always known more on Yashiro and if needed to exorcise her then he needed her information. He didn't even want to though, Yashiro just seems like a harmless garden ghost, she couldn't have done anything too bad right?

It was during school, probably 5th period, he faked feeling sick to get out of class and ran to go outside. He walked down to a separate part of the school outside of the high-school building, seeing a transparent Yashiro with a group of Mokke walking around.

"Yashiro!" Kou called out, Yashiro turned instantly from her tracks and looked at him.

"Kou? I thought you had class?" Yashiro questioned, she had a couple Mokke in her arms, on her shoulder and two walking next to her.

"Uh- No it was canceled. Besides, its been awhile since we had a non-deadly hangout soo.." Kou poked one of the mokke Yashiro was holding, it was unbelievably soft and it rose like memory foam.

"Alrighty then! Dont worry I wont make ya do gardening, we'll just walk around for a bit." Yashiro smiled as they started to both walk.

"So, why're you out here?"

"Well, I like seeing more than just a garden yknow. Besides, I have my own work to do."

In Kou's eyes, other than Yashiro being dead, or a murderer, he really liked her. Just most things about her were great in multiple ways. Shes caring, supportive, Kou could go on.
It always tugged the back of his mind though, his older brother was really starting to get on him about exorcising her. Its part of him to do so, but he could never bring himself to do it unless absolutely necessary. He barely had the power to do so against Yashiro anyways.

—a couple days before—

"Look Kou, we've already been over this, theres no good apparitions here. Theyre all a threat to our school."

"As much as I agree with you, Yashiro just doesn't go under the requirements for bad apparitions list."

"So what? A murderer is always a murderer. You never hear stories about good super-naturals because they dont exist, if you can't complete your job I will just take over."

Kou just stared him, taking in a deep breath.

"Wait, just let me have extra time! I know I can do it!" Kou pleaded, he patted his head.

"Alright, alright. You can have more time, just get into it." His older brother ruffled his hair.

"Mhm!"

—Current Day—

"So yeah, thats how I got my candy supply!" Yashiro cheered as she spoke, Kou looked back over.

"Thats really cool!"

"Mhm!"

They kept walking around, this was probably their second lap, and they spotted something shiny in the distance on a abandoned building tower.