Chapter 21: You're Too Late For That

"Lame-ass earring dude what're you doin-"
Mitsuba questioned, it was too late though, the mirror had been smashed into tiny sharp pieces that fell onto the floor and had triangles of shards pointing towards the center.

A weird bird man was flopped against the sharp shards, coughing out blood.

"WHAT THE HELL-" Mitsuba shouted, Kou was in just as much shock, and more. Definitely more. As Yashiro once said, weren't wonders unbeatable in their own boundary? Also, how was Kou also supposed to know the mystery was behind there?

"YOU ARENT THE ONLY CONFUSED ONE!" Kou panically shouted.

"Thats impressive, you actually helped me out."
It was him, one out of three members working as No.1, the one with copper colored hair.

"I aint getting my head bashed in again right?" Kou crossed his arms, he wasn't that mad, but he added it for dramatic effect.

"Unless I needed to, I think we can resolve our problems though in a more humane way."
It was a little too late for that, but Kou wasn't in the position to possibly take down another wonder. When his panic started vanishing, he realized something, he had a streak of burnt skin lining the palm of his hand, and the small white seal that was on his staff had been laid on the floor. If he had to guess, the seal popped off mid attack and well, he probably did the one job he meant to all his life.

He really did prove the mirror wrong.
But how did it just fly off?

Akane was busy talking with Mitsuba, and Kou decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"WHAT IF I DONT WANT TO EAT THAT?! It doesnt look that appetizing-" Mitsuba commented, Akane held the apparition's heart in his right palm.

"Its her orders, we're doing this because its what you wanted. Everyone would be on a personal level with you if you were a renowned school mystery." Akane explained, shoving it in Mitsuba's direction.

"ITS NOT EVEN CUTE! THIS THING ISNT GOING INSIDE MY BODY!" Kou was just watching with a apprehensive face, should he butt in? Akane didn't seem to be in a harmful mood, not that he ever was.

"Do you think I have the energy to argue about this with you? Just eat it already and you can complain later." Akane sighed, checking the time on his pocket watch. Kou finally manned up and walked over to where they were.

"If he doesnt want to, he doesnt have to. Is there any other way to help him out?" Kou offered, Akane glanced over.

"Im just here to follow orders, I get he's your friend or something but I have a job to do." Akane sighed, glancing over at the sulking Mitsuba.

"Aint that purple girl your boss or something?"

"Aoi? Yeah, childhood friend as well."

"How did you meet?"

"Do you have to ask so many questions?" Akane gave a revolted look. Mitsuba then came over with a similar expression, but more defeated. "Oh you actually ate it, glad you can follow simple orders."

—Meanwhile on the other side—

"Arent you supposed to be smart? How do we get into No.3's boundary?!" Yashiro whined out, Amane was besides her. They've been begging for some guidance for a minute or two now in front of Tsuchigomori's desk.