Part 18

Izuku let class 1-b out, casually listening to their conversations as they passed. Monoma was on his usual rant about how they would show up class 1-a this time, and Kendo hit him on the back of the neck, saying that she would ask an upperclassman for pointers on what the practical exam might have on it. Now, that was not a bad idea, and any other time he might have commended Kendo on using her resources like that, but this was not any other time. This time, the information would not do her any good.

He had a conversation with Nezu, and they both agreed that the end-of-term practical exam should change this year, so students could be more prepared going forward. They had all started to see the signs, and they knew that things would not be getting easier from here on out. It was best to make sure that they could handle anything that the future threw at them, no matter how dangerous or frightening that event may be. It was now that the training truly began getting serious.

This practical exam would consist of a pair of students going up against a single teacher, one that they were matched badly against. Izuku had already been thinking about who would do the worst against who, and he had a very good idea of who he wanted to pair up together. Not only would this be a reasonable challenge for the students, it would also teach them to work together with heroes that didn't exactly have quirks that perfectly countered the villain, showing them to think outside of the box and that you couldn't just turn away from a difficult situation because 'you didn't have the best quirk'.

Finals in his own class were a bit easier, at least in his opinion. He wanted them to feel like the Analysis class was something that would help them in the future since they would only be hurting themselves if they didn't view it as such, so he chose something that would compile the knowledge of what they had already learned and show them how when it was put together it would help them. This year he was having them make an analysis of a gadget that would help them and be something they could work with. It was something that was very hard to fail, as he had practically spoon-fed them answers the entire time they had been in his class, so it was really just a formality. And for those who had a particularly good idea that was original, he would send some drafts over to Power Loader so they could add them to their hero costumes. He heard that there was a new student in his class that was driving the poor support teacher insane with all of her wild ideas and the explosions that went on while executing these ideas. Having a solid idea in place would be good for him.

Izuku stretched his arms, pushing to his feet and exiting the classroom. He never used the full lunch period to eat or plan, so he had some free time. Yesterday he climbed through the vents to All Might's office and listened to the seasoned hero tell Mirio Togata all about All For One, listening to every word. He had left a few things out, but he was glad that his former student was being honest and thinking about this somewhat logically, making sure that his new protege knew the details of what he had accepted. He grinned as All Might called him 'my boy', fully settling into the dad figure role he had assigned himself.

Hmm... maybe today he would test infiltration tactics and where the school was permeable. With all these villain attacks going on, they had to be sure that the school remained a safe place for the students to learn. He heaved himself up into the vent, sneezing a bit at the buildup of dust in there. First, he needed to check the entrance points accessible from the front gates, then he wanted to check the support course's defenses, they did have a lot of highly dangerous weapons in there so...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaminari stared hard at the sheet of equations in front of him, not understanding a single number. They seemed like maybe they could make sense at first, but then he stared harder and it started to seem like it was made in a different language. Then coded into a cipher and were finally locked in a crypt deep underground. Mina was struggling just as much as he was, and they were both supposed to be meeting with Yaoyorozu and some others from the class to study. Finals were fast approaching, and Kaminari really didn't want to fail. Sure, maybe he wasn't the smartest guy, but he knew that he could do well as a hero, and he was determined to try as hard as he could to make that happen.