Part 51

Todoroki guided another group of actors to the triage center. Another student examinee that he didn't recognize took it from there and led them away. Yaoyorozu had set this place up so they would be able to further care for the actors once they were found, maximizing the amount of people they could rescue. It was a solid plan.

"Hey, sonny," an older woman said, tapping him on the shoulder, "In the future, try to be a bit more considerate when dealing with victims, m'kay? You seem a little... indifferent."

Todoroki blinked. "But you're not victims. You're actors, and this is a test."

The woman opened and closed her mouth, finally electing to just walk away with the other actors. He didn't really understand what the problem was, but apparently there was one. Several of the people he had rescued had said the exact same thing, but the most important part of this exercise was proving you can save people, right? Therefore, the faster you can do this, the better chance you have for passing the exam. It didn't seem like there was much more to it than that.

He turned to head back out and find more of the actors, but Yaoyorozu rushed to him before he could. "T-Shoto! Could you wait a second?"

He paused. "Yes. What did you need?"

"Some of the victims have injuries that would benefit from an icepack. Since we don't have those, I figured you were the next best thing."

He nodded, and she grabbed his arm and pulled him away towards the actors. They didn't have real injuries, and Todoroki knew that, but he still understands the importance of demonstrating his abilities. At least that makes sense, compared to pretending to think injuries are serious. That didn't make much sense at all.

"Hey, hey, hey!" A girl shouted from next to him. Her pink skin stood out starkly from the rest of the cotton-white set-up, and he recognized her immediately. If the pink skin wasn't a dead give-away, then her enthusiastic attitude would have been. "If it isn't our new human icepack," she crowed.

Todoroki blinked. "I... but I'm not the ice pack? I just make them."

Mina rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, if you want to be all technical about it." She flounced back to a pair of kids, entertaining them.

Kaminari tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, dude, you gotta couple of ice blocks for me?" He points over to the left with his thumb in a jerky gesture. "That group over there needs it."

Todoroki obliged, pushing the cold, icy feeling out from his right side, into his fingertips, and out of his hand. The temperature dropped a few degrees, and he could see goosebumps break out over his fellow students' skin.

He wordlessly handed them to Kaminari, and the electrically inclined boy shot him a thumbs up.

"Are you going to head back out there now, Sho-woah!"

Yaoyorozu rocked into the wall as a huge rumble shook the ground, sending students everywhere to their knees. He himself had to make ice boots of a sort that attached him to the ground, like cement poured around his ankles. Except, unlike cement, he could immediately melt the ice and move after the wave passed.

"What was that!?" An unidentified voice in the crowd called out. Todoroki didn't wait to hear the response, he just ran straight forward, towards the building that had toppled down. Dust was everywhere, and he could feel it coating his lungs whenever he took a deep breath in.

He raced along the splintered sidewalks and broken glass, ignoring the other exam-takers. They were all making sure that there weren't any actors left in the danger zone, and he wasn't really interested in that right now. Something was going on, and he was going to take care of it.