Part 52

Uraraka stood at the ready next to Mina, the pink-skinned girl dripping sweet-smelling acid from her fists. The six of them were doing their best to stay in a formation that didn't allow any of the criminals to make a getaway or get the drop on them.

"I really don't think it's that manly to go planting bombs," Kirishima grumbled. "Like, the only thing that would be less manly is to do it in an orphanage- no, a hospital for kids with cancer!"

The crazy old lady blinked at him. "Why on earth would we plant a bomb in an orphanage?"

Kaminari shrugged, joining in. "Well, you decided to plant one here, didn't you?"

One of the men standing beside their elderly ringleader sputtered. "That's only because we're targeting you guys! Going after kids doesn't even make sense!"

"Technically, we are all minors as well," Iida pointed out.

The man's face burned red and he sputtered some more. Uraraka and Mina shared an amused glance, and Uraraka could barely hold back a chuckle. Leave it to Kaminari and Kirishima to confound villains, even fake ones. All Might knows that they did it to them enough.

"That's enough," Yaoyorozu said firmly. "Where is the bomb?"

"That's what you would like to know!" The old lady chimed triumphantly, apparently pleased to be back on track.

Kaminari, the sweet dumbass that he is, blinked at her. "Uh, yes? That's why she asked."

The man stared at him. "You're not the brightest, are you?"

"Well, no, but you didn't have to say it like that."

Uraraka could tell that they were starting to strain the edges of the 'villains'' acting abilities. Ha.

"It doesn't matter anyway!" The mean old lady claimed. "The bomb is set to go off, and it can only be defused manually, none of that electronic crap you kids are trying to pull nowadays. And don't even think that one of us is going to help you, nasty heroes!"

Uraraka grit her teeth, trying not to flip the frustrating lady over her shoulder. For all she knew, that would kill her. But it was so hard when she kept doing things like this! Maybe she could make it look like an accident...

Damnit. No, Uraraka. You're going to be a hero, remember? Murder is off the table.

Unless you're Iida, apparently.

"Wait," Kirishima's brow furrowed. "Does this mean that you guys are going to blow up too?"

"Yes!" Hardcore.

Kirishima stared at them for a moment, then bluntly said, "That's not manly at all. That's like, the opposite of manly."

"Then it's a good thing I'm not a man, isn't it?" The old lady said, ticked off.

"Being manly is a state of mind," Kirishima proudly declared. "Gender doesn't matter as long as you're awesome."

Everyone just stared at him.

"Wait, wait, wait," Kaminari rushed out, holding his fingers up like he was counting something. "Couldn't you just set it off remotely and survive? I dunno, but it seems stupid to die when you could live."

"It's a symbolic- it's not like- it's supposed to represent- ugh!" The young woman blurted out. Her, the man, and the elderly woman seemed to be the ringleaders of the group, with the others just standing in the background and looking smug. Uraraka had to remember what Gunhead told her about martial arts in times like these.