Part 53

Kaminari searched frantically for the bomb amongst all the medical supplies that Yaoyorozu had been kind enough to make. Iida was on the other side of the entrance, combing through everything that he could, looking in every nook and cranny. He wasn't sure how much time was left on the bomb, but he knew it couldn't be much. So he didn't have that long before they all failed the exam because they got blown to bits and pieces.

Hopefully not actually.

"Any sign of it, Kaminari?" Iida called out, carefully setting a cot to the side.

"No. Do you think we should start looking somewhere else?"

"Maybe. We'll complete this section then move onto the middle of the tents. That would most likely have maximum casualties."

Right. Right, that makes sense. It was good he had a brainiac here with him, otherwise he would probably just throw stuff around in a hurry in case it turned up. Which wasn't very effective at all. It doesn't work with house keys, and it wouldn't work with a bomb.

Iida stood up with a sigh, surveying the space one last time. "Alright then, we should move on now. I don't think they gave us an abundance of time to get this done."

"Right." Kaminari followed him to the center of the tents, watching as carefully as he could for anything that seemed out of place. He wasn't having much luck. Spot the difference games had always been difficult for him.

And he wouldn't ever want to play hide and seek with Where's Waldo. That dude was good.

"You check under these supplies and I'll look at the civilian waiting area. Don't leave anything unchecked. In fact, double check everything. The others will be here to help us soon." Iida pushed his glasses up his nose and hurried off, leaving Kaminari mostly alone.

He combed through bandages and over-the-counter painkillers, most of it ending up in a pile on the floor. Nothing was turning up, and they had been searching for almost ten minutes at this point. If they didn't find it soon, then...

Well, he hoped it wasn't an actual bomb.

"Kaminari!" A familiar voice shouted. "Have you found the bomb yet? Edna's not giving anything up. Yaoyorozu stayed behind just in case, though."

Mina, Uraraka, and Kirishima all rushed over, panting slightly. "No, we haven't found the bomb yet. Maybe they're lying about it?"

"No," Uraraka shook her head. "Edna's too evil for that. Actually, maybe she's just evil enough." Her eyes narrowed down as she thought it through.

Kaminari threw his hands up. "Well, I haven't found it yet, so I don't know-"

He tripped over one of the bandages he had thrown to the ground, and just barely managed to pivot on his foot so he didn't fall flat on his face. His back hit the floor with a thud, and he groaned. Kirishima yelped and rushed over to him, grabbing his arm and cutting of his circulation like he was trying to stop the bleeding.

Kaminari opened his eyes and blinked a few times, trying to process what he was seeing.

"Bro! Are you okay? Do you have a concussion. Do you know where we are? Are you dead?"

"Um. Guys?"

"He's alive!"

"We already knew that, Kirishima," Uraraka pointed out with a sigh. "We can't waste any more time. We have to find the bomb right now. So get up!"

"Yeah, about that-"

Mina enthusiastically pulled Kaminari up, practically throwing him in the air. "No time to talk! Didn't you hear the woman?"