Chapter 5

Jay pulled up to the bar, taking a minute to get into character, putting his personal cell phone in the console and replacing it with his UC phone.

He scanned the faces as he walked in, recognizing no one. He knocked on the door leading to the back offices, "yea?" he heard a voice call out.

"It's Tripp, I start tonite" he told the voice, he heard the lock turn and the door opened, a man he had never seen before answered.

"You're the new guy?" He asked as he looked him up and down "I'm PJ, boss is in his office" he said pointing to the door at the end of the hallway.

Jay headed towards the office, he counted the doors from where he came in to the Marcos' office, never knowing what could happen he wanted to make sure he could find his way out no matter what.

Jay knocked on the door, "it's open" Marcos' called out.

"Mr.Marcos" Jay said waking in, offering his hand to the man.

"My father was Mr.Marcos, just call me Tim" he said warmly.

"Ok, Tim, what do you need me to do?" He asked, already recognizing this guy was a smooth talker, and charismatic it was no surprise witnesses changed their stories.

"Settle down, no need to rush to work, just hang around the bar for now" he told him, 'Tripp' needed to earn his trust.

"You got it" Jay told him, he was frustrated but he couldn't let it show. He spent the evening watching the crowd nothing out of the ordinary happened, though he did overhear Tiny on a very intense phone call.

"Listen Hayden, you're in too deep, you have 48 hours to show up with the twenty grand" Tiny told him, beating his hand on the desk.

"What the fuck, man" Sam asked " I don't owe twenty grand, just 10"

"Well, now it's twenty, if I don't have it in 48 hours it doubles" he said and slammed the phone down.

SATURDAY 6:45 AM
Kim was up early trying to get things in order for Adam's birthday, both Adam's still sleeping the younger one climbing in their bed at some point during the night. She left him a note telling him she had to stop in the at the office and would be home as soon as possible.

"Fuck me" Hayden said as he drove, he wasn't sure where exactly he was headed, he had been invited to the Ruzek kid's birthday party, but no way he could go. He was sure Tiny would be tailing him, already past the 'deadline' and he didn't have the cash.

"Think, man, think" he said when it came to him, quickly making a U turn he headed towards the Ivory Tower, certain no one would be in this early on a Saturday morning he pulled his service revolver from his glove box and holstered it.

Kim parked her car in her spot, and headed in she unlocked the door and thought about locking it behind her but failed to. She made her way to the desk, promising herself she would only work for two hours, she pulled her iPhone out and plugged the earbuds in, she hated when it was too quiet so she turned on her favorite playlist and got to work.

As Sam approached the parking lot he decided against parking in his normal spot, he was still fearful he was being tailed. He raced to the door, "shit" he muttered as he realized his work keys weren't on his key ring but sitting on his counter. He knelt down, thinking of alternative ways to get in without tripping an alarm when on a whim he tried the door laughing when he found it unlocked.

"Look that the little pig is at the tower, should we call Tim?" PJ asked Tiny who was in the passenger seat.

"Yea, I will do it" Tiny pulled the phone out and called Tim, to say Tim was excited was an understatement.

The conversation lasted a few minutes, the result of it would be huge. Tim wanted a team of heavily armed people to storm the 'Ivory Tower' sure the only casualty would be Sam Hayden but they could embarrass the CPD, and well that would be loads of fun.

Tiny and PJ waited patiently for the others to show, it was only three other low level guys their names not even exchanged, Marcos operated that way the less the guys knew about each other the less likely they were to get caught. They grabbed the weapons, high powered military grade guns, each guy wearing Kevlar.

9:35 AM

Hayden was in his office trying to figure out what to do when a flash of movement caught his eye, he panicked reaching for his revolver. He moved quietly down the corridor, and paused as he approached the open floor. "What the hell is she doing here" he muttered to himself when he saw Kim Ruzek at her desk earbuds in unaware he was in the building.

PJ and Tiny went one way, the trio going the other direction the building ultimately becoming an open floor plan in the middle. They checked each office looking for Hayden, knowing he was a coward and would be hiding like a little bitch.

Tiny was the first to notice Kim Ruzek sitting at her desk, he paused "well, this job just got interesting" he said to PJ and pointed at Kim who was still oblivious to her company.

10:15

Adam woke up to find only little Adam in the bed, the young boy playing on the iPad.

"Hey bud, where's mommy?" He asked.

"Goned" Adam replied.

Adam got up and went looking, he found the note in the kitchen, the woman never rested, he figured he would get started on getting the house ready for the party.

10:40

Kim had been in such a rhythm that when she looked at her phone she couldn't believe the time, she'd been working almost four hours. She quickly texted Adam to apologize and let him know she just had to pick up the cake and she would be home.

Hayden was about to get up from his desk when PJ and Tiny came in his office, he froze realizing his gun was on the bookshelf and not within his reach.

"Get up Hayden" PJ yelled, when Sam Hayden hesitated he grabbed the back of his neck, and led him to the center of the building.

Hayden panicked knowing that was where Kim was, "no,let's get out of here, you can take me wherever, just lets get out of here" he begged not wanting anything to happen to his friend.

It was too late as they came out Hayden's office Kim was headed towards them.

Kim was shocked to see Hayden, she was about to ask him what he was up to, when she caught the two guys manhandling him and the three coming at her from the other side, all carrying serious weapons.

"Bitch, just where do you think you are going?" Tiny called out to her, she stopped moving kicking herself for not carrying her gun. "Sit your ass down at the desk, gun and phone on the desk" he yelled.

Kim was reluctant "I don't have my gun" she told him.

"Phone, we know you have that, on the desk, now!" Tiny told her.

Tiny nodded at PJ "check her out, make sure the bitch isn't lying"

PJ did as he was told and patted her down "no gun, but that was enjoyable"

Kim skin crawling from the man's touch, she didn't scare easily but she could safely say for the third time in her life she was scared.