Chapter 37

"Tell me, that the boys are not up yet, tell me Adam" Kim said sleepily as she turned to look at the clock, it was only 3:45, she had only just fallen asleep a little after 1, Adam passed out around midnight while she finished 'Santa Duty'. Sean and little Adam kept running up and down the hall in what she could only imagine was their way of trying to wake them up.

"I like to think I'm a brave man Kim, but I'm not brave enough to make them go back to bed, it's Sean's first Christmas with us and the first one Adam is really excited for"
Adam said as he pulled Kim closer, "don't make me tell them to go back to bed, that would be cruel" he laughed "besides Santa came for you too, you know" he pulled a rectangle shaped box from his nightstand "this Darlin' is for you" he kissed her before handing it her.

"Adam, you didn't have to buy me anything" she said as she opened the box revealing bracelet with each one of the boys birthstones and diamonds "it's beautiful Adam, thank you" she gestured for him to help her put it on.

"It's doesn't even begin to show you how much I appreciate what you did for Sean, it's because of you he's with us, I couldn't see past my hate for my mother I almost missed out on one of the best things in my life. You're an amazing mother, to those three boys and an amazing wife" he finished.

"Adam, you are amazing, and you would have come to your senses with Sean, you just needed a little kick in the ass" she teased him "seriously, I love you too, more than you know" she started kissing him, when they heard voices come over the baby monitor.

"Liam, wake up, Santa came, wake up Liam" Sean whispered, Adam trying to pry the blanket out of Liam's grip.

"Are they doing what I think they are?" Kim asked laughing.

Adam finally freeing the blanket from Liam, "wake mommy up Liam, wake her up"'Sean said, Liam letting out a cry.

"I would say yes" Adam said when heard them finally accomplish their mission "you stay here, I will try and occupy them for a bit" he said he pulled sweats on.

"No way, I'm up now, I want to see their faces" she said as she put her robe on, "Merry Christmas Adam" she held mistletoe above his head.

"Really, you're resorting to silly traditions now?" He kissed her "darlin' you don't need mistletoe to get a kiss out of me, you know I'm easy"

"Alright boys, let's go!" Adam said as he scooped Liam up and ushered Sean and Adam out of the nursery "you boys ready for this?"

Kim was waiting in the living room for the boys to come out, little Adam came flying down the hallway, smiling from ear to ear. Sean was totally different, he walked slowly into the living room he was quiet taking it all in, he sat on the floor in front of the tree just staring.

"Sean, baby, what's wrong?" Kim asked, she had a feeling he was overwhelmed never really having a Christmas before, she was pretty sure he was about to cry.

"Is this all for us?" He asked as he looked over the piles of presents, Kim knew she overdid it but she wanted to make it special for Sean.

"Yes, well there's a few for grandma and grandpa and one for your dad, but the rest are for,you and your brothers" Kim said sitting next to him "here this is for you" she handed him the box, he carefully opened it, revealing the framed family picture.

"Mom, this is the best gift ever" he said as he smiled at the picture they had taken at little Adam's birthday party. "I've never had a family picture before, thanks" he said as he hugged her.

"Alright, let's get this party started!" Adam said as he started passing gifts around, the next four hours spent opening presents, a mixture of video games, bicycles, and hockey equipment.

Once the dust had settled, all three boys had fallen asleep, when Kim handed Adam a present, "this is for you, it's not nearly as nice as what you gave me and I know we planned on not exchanging gifts, but you know what happens when you plan things"

He looked at her funny, "okay" he said taking the small thin box from her hands, as soon as he opened he realized what it was "no way......." was all he could say.