Chapter 14

"Hey Simpson" Kim called out when she saw her father in law's partner walk in "I know it's probably nothing, but Adam's worried, have you spoken with Bob lately?" She asked, Adam still concerned earlier this morning and it didn't help when every call went straight to voicemail.

"I spoke to him yesterday afternoon, and he should be in soon" Terry Simpson told her "I'll tell him to check in with Adam" he said as he made his way to the locker room.

Terry glanced at his watch it was almost 9:00, Bob was usually at work before him, shrugging he finished getting ready and went to get their patrol car assignment.

Kim kept glancing at the clock, it was strange for her father in law to be late anywhere, every time she heard the door her eyes would search for him, only to come up empty each time.

"Come on Bob" she muttered to herself, she was now beginning to worry, she contemplated calling Adam but he was already on edge over this she didn't want to make it worse until she had too.

Terry gave up waiting for Bob to show up, he went back inside "Kim, I'm going to go check on Bob at his house, something off, he's never late" Terry explained "I will call you as soon as I find out what's going on."

"Thanks, Terry" she was hoping the news would be good.

"Welcome back Jay" Adam said as he watched Jay walk up the stairs, Jay was on desk duty but he was back.

"Thanks man, glad to be back" Jay said as he sat down.

"So listen, we found out we're having another boy, we've been talking about names and while we can't come up with a first name he's got a middle name already" Adam said. "I know I can never thank you for what you did for Kim and this baby, we thought this would be a start" he paused "his middle name is Jay"

"Wow, thanks." Jay said smiling "Adam you don't have to thank me, I know if roles had been reversed you would have done the same thing for Erin, but I appreciate it" he pulled some files out "you know Jay makes a great first name too"

"Don't push your luck, Halstead" Adam grinned. He was about to call his dad when Voight came out of his office.

"I have good news fellas, the Feds just picked up Tiny and PJ, we won't get a crack at them" he explained "but they are in custody, we hope they will flip on Marcos"

Terry parked his patrol car behind Bob's car, he rested his hand on his holster as he approached the door, he rang the doorbell and waited.

Terry tried looking in the windows but it was pretty dark inside the house, he bent down and lifted the rug outside the door and found the spare key.

"Not the safest place to have your spare key, Bob" he muttered as he opened the door. "Bob?" He called out "it's me, Terry, are you here?"

Hearing only silence in return, he headed towards the bedroom, as he walked in the bedroom his heart jumped into his throat.