Chapter 50

Elaine sat beside Sean as he slept, the child advocate outside in the hallway waiting for Adam and Kim, Sean didn't say much about the visit but she could tell by his body language that he wasn't happy. She hated that he had to deal with all of this, he had come so far since moving in with Kim and Adam and for this man to walk in and turn his whole world upside down was so unfair.

Adam met the advocate near the nurses station "listen, I'm sorry about the attitude earlier, it's just been a rough couple of days for my family,you shouldn't have caught the brunt of it" he extended his hand, Jack shaking it.

"Detective Ruzek, I understand, listen I would like to talk about Sean" he said as they went at sat in the office the hospital lent to Jack.

"How would you say Sean has adjusted?" He asked notepad in hand.

Adam thought for a minute before answering the question, "at first it was rocky, as you could imagine for both of us" he thought back on his initial opinion of Sean "when I first found out about him I wanted to ignore his existence,thankfully my wife is the brains of our family" he laughed "just my relationship with my mother was awful, and I viewed him as reminder, but once I dealt with my own issues I fell in love with Sean"

"How does he fit in your family, you already have three children, Adam he's what 4, Liam 18 months and Dani, just 4 months old" he asked as he checked his notes.

"Yes, sure it's a lot, but he's my blood" Adam told him slightly annoyed at the question "the love I have for him is no different from the love I have for my biological children"

"I see Sean has been in two different schools since he started living with you, what's that about?"

Adam sighed "the first school he had some issues with the other kids, he was still pretty angry and at that time went by his given name Hendrix, as you can imagine the kids had a field day with that name" he paused "so once he decided to change his name, we thought with his input that he would benefit by going to a different school and my boss Sergeant Hank Voight was able to get him to his current school and it's been an amazing fit"

"Alright" Jack said closing his notepad, "I think that covers my questions for today, I may contact you again for another visit if required by the court and I may need to do a check of your house" he stood "thanks Detective"

"Before you go, Jack, I want you to know that I would give my life up to keep Sean safe, if I felt he was better off with Whiting, as much as it would hurt me and my family to let Sean go we would, but you see I feel we are what Sean needs and frankly I need Sean just as much" Adam said "I love him"

"Boss, we got something on Whiting" Jay called out, he couldn't believe how stupid the guy was.

"What is it?" Voight asked hoping it would be enough.

"Take a look for yourself" he said as he turned his laptop around giving Hank a view of the GoFundMe page, a picture of a very unhappy looking Sean with Tom splashed across the screen "he's using Sean to get money, already has twelve grand donated"

Hank chuckled, this was what they needed "got the son of a bitch, no one tell Ruzek" he said "O, let's go take a ride" Hank said as he holstered his weapon.

"Dad!" Sean yelled in his sleep waking Adam up too, Kim having gone home to give her parents are break from the kids.

Adam jumped up and was at Sean's side in a flash "what's wrong?" Adam asked.

"I had a nightmare, they made me live with him and it was awful, dad, don't let them take me" Sean pleaded near tears.

"I won't Sean, your aren't going anywhere, not if I can help it" he said, "hey you up to eating?" He asked.