Chapter 20

"Ugh" Kim muttered to herself as she tossed and turned in the bed, glancing at the clock it read 1:45, Adam out cold beside her.

She was a week past her due date and she was over being pregnant, carefully she got out of the bed and made her way to her son's room. She carefully opened the door to look in on him, smiling when she saw his sleeping clutching the teddy bear, the 21st had made for him after Adam's dad died they used some of Bob's t-shirt to make it.

Adam woke up to find Kim's side of the bed empty, he got up and headed towards the living room, the soft glow of the television giving her away.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" He asked as he sat down beside her pulling her feet into his lap "you feeling ok?" He said as massaged her feet.

"My back has been bothering me, and I may be having contractions" she told him.

"You may be having contractions?" he questioned "Why didn't you wake me up" his voice filled with concern "when did the contractions start?"

"They started a little while ago" she said as she grabbed her stomach "Adam, I think this baby is finally ready to meet us" she told him.

"Do we need to go the hospital?" Adam asked

"I think so" she said as she reached for the phone "I will call my parents and we can drop Adam off on the way to the hospital" she told him.

Within an hour they arrived at the hospital with the promise to call Elaine as soon as the baby was born.

"So, we really need to figure out his name" Adam said as he flipped through a magazine.

"I know" Kim replied gripping the rail of the bed as another contraction hit her.

"I'm sorry" Adam said as watched her grimace from the pain.

"Distract me, tell me some names" Kim said as she tried to fight through the pain, not quite ready for the epidural yet.

"Well, Adam has a few names picked out" he grinned "though not many are suitable, he likes Rubble, also fire engine is another one, and my personal favorite stinky butt"

Kim laughed "I think we will pass on those, what about you and We are not naming our son after a hockey player" she took another ice chip from the cup and popped it in her mouth "and you don't want to call him Robert?"

Adam shrugged "not really, plus Adam is already named after my dad and yours, I would like to give this guy a name all his own" he pulled out a baby naming book from Kim's overnight bag.

Kim groaning when she saw the book "Adam, we've gone over that book so many times and we can't find anything" she took the book "why don't we go with baby boy Jay Ruzek, it's has a nice ring to it" she laughed.

"You're funny" Adam said, "why don't we wait until we see him, maybe that will help"

The sun now glared in bathing the room in light, Adam had fallen asleep in the chair, Kim took a few minutes to call her mom and check up on little Adam.

"Hi, Mom," she said "no, he's not here yet" Kim told her. "How's Adam?"

"He's great, eating some breakfast right now, he keeps asking if his 'brudder' is here yet" Elaine said as she handed the little boy a cup of milk.

"I will have Adam call you as soon as this little one arrives" Kim said "the doctor is here I have to go"

10:30 AM

Adam held the newborn in his arms, a head full of dark hair, he sat on the edge of the bed.

Kim noticed the lone tear slide down Adam's cheek, placing her hand on his thigh "you okay Adam?" she knew who he was thinking about "your dad is with us always"

"I know, you did good Kim, this little guy is beautiful" he said as the baby wrapped his tiny fingers around Adam's thumb.

"You called my mom, right?" she asked him.

"Yea, she said they would be here soon, she said Adam was sleeping" he said as he handed the baby to Kim "I told her to let him sleep, I know he was tired"

"Liam?" Kim said as she looked at her infant son "Liam Jay Ruzek?" She glanced up at Adam.

"Liam,huh?" Adam said letting the name roll of his tongue, "the Ruzek boys Adam and Liam" he bent down and kissed the sleeping infant "Darlin', I love it"