Chapter 38

He held the grainy photo in his hands, "I can't believe it, how come you didn't tell me?" He asked as he stared at the picture of their unborn child "this makes 4, a few more then we planned on" he laughed.

"Like I said, you know what happens when you plan things" she said as she put her head on his chest "you're happy, right?" She asked

"Yes, just a little surprised to be honest" he said.

"Imagine my surprise, Dr Hamonic, says this one is coming late June early July" she explained "I didn't tell you because I thought it would be fun to surprise you"

"Where are Grandpa's boys?" James called out, as he and Elaine arrived at Kim and Adam's presents in tow.

"Hey mom, dad," Kim greeted them taking their jackets, "Adam and Sean are playing video games and Liam was sleeping but Adam went to get him"

"Did Sean love this morning?" Elaine asked

"He was a little overwhelmed at first, but it didn't last long at all" Kim joked "it was fun watching him"

"You're amazing, you know that, what you have done for that little boy makes me so proud" Elaine told her, Sean and Adam running to give her a hug.

"Merry Christmas boys, Grandpa has some presents he is been dying to give you!"

The boys rushing to find their grandfather, "Grandpa!" Little Adam reaching him first "grandma says you brought presents, where's mine?" He asked.

"Sean is first buddy" he said handing Sean the gift, "wait until your dad is in here so he can see too" James said.

"See what?" Adam asked carrying a babbling Liam who had just started his version of talking.

Sean had already started tearing in to the present, he removed the tissue paper and pulled a Hawks jersey from the box "look dad, it's the Hawks!" He shouted.

"Wow, that's awesome Sean, you can wear it to the game next weekend" Adam told him, as Sean looked at the front, Adam noticed the back of the jersey "turn it around, Sean"

Sean did as he was told and turned it around revealing "dad, it says S.Ruzek, with the number 88 that's Kane's number"he smiled, "thanks Grandpa, you're the best" he quickly pulled the jersey over his head.

Adam handed Liam to Kim and went to James "thank you so much, for that, well, for everything really" he hugged him, appreciative of how quickly his in laws accepted his little brother soon to be son as their grandson.

"Don't thank me yet, Adam and Liam haven't opened theirs yet" he joked, knowing he bought the younger two NY Islander jerseys "I know Sean is a Hawks fan, but I still have a hold on the other two."

Kim had Sean give her parents their present, Sean handed them the same sized box she had given Adam earlier. "Thanks buddy" James said as he handed the box to Elaine to open.

As she took the lid off the box and revealed the sonogram picture "oh my goodness!" Bringing her hand to her mouth "this one better be a girl" she said laughing.

"Whoa, Elaine, I'm not sure I'm ready for a girl yet" Adam told her "but at least if it's a girl she has three big brothers to keep the boys away" the thought of a little girl growing on him more and more.

"Are you boys ready for another brother or sister?" Elaine asked them, Sean growing quiet.

Sean knew it was coming, he knew it was to good too be true, he thought to himself. No one really wanted him, especially when a new baby was coming. He took his jersey off and threw it on the floor running to his bedroom slamming the door behind him.

Elaine felt horrible "did I say something wrong?" She asked after Sean ran off, "I'm sorry Adam"

"Elaine, it's okay, I will go talk to him" Adam said as he picked the jersey up off the floor, realizing they should have told Sean about the baby.

Adam tried the door but Sean had it locked "open up son" he said.

Sean didn't want to open it but he knew Adam wouldn't go away "what?" He said as he opened the door "it's okay, I get it" he told Adam.

"Sit" Adam told him pointing to the bed "now, Sean" he repeated when Sean didn't listen.

"I'm only going to say this once, so listen" Adam said holding Sean's face in his hands "yes, we are going to have a new baby, but that doesn't mean we don't love you any less, you are here for good, Sean"

"Do you promise?" He asked.

"Yes, you are important to this family, and I'm sorry we should have told you about the baby earlier so you knew" he said "that was our fault" he handed him the jersey.

"It's just I kinda get scared, sometimes I think you're gonna send me back" Sean whispered "all the others times, if I was bad or they got a baby or something they sent me back"

"We aren't sending you back, son, no matter what" Adam told him "let's go in the living room, Grandma and Grandpa have more presents for you"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Time will jump so the story can move forward faster, getting close to the end of this one, thanks for reading!

Kristi