Chapter 30

Kim sat at bar at Molly's her blood boiling, she had already called Erin and she was on her way, she asked the bartender for another shot quickly downing it, slamming the empty shot glass down on the bar.

"You need another one?" Hermann asked from behind the bar, she recognized him from Firehouse 51, he always let little Adam see the fire trucks whenever they passed "how's my little friend Adam doing?" He asked.

"He's good, thanks for always being so kind to him" she told him

"He's a great kid, plus it's hysterical he's such an engine head, considering he's the son of cops" Hermann laughed. "Erin's here" he told her pointing at the door.

They moved from the bar to the table "Kim, what's going on" Erin asked she could tell Kim was upset.

"Its Adam, I may end up killing him" she said followed by awkward laugh "we've learned some information and he's being an asshole about it" she explained.

"You have to fill me in, I imagine you would like it to stay between us, right?" Erin assumed.

"Yes, please, not even Jay at this point" she watched as Erin nodded "okay, we found out Adam has a little brother, a half brother, from his mother, he's only 10 and in his 16th foster home, Adam wants nothing to do with him, at all." Kim finished.

"Get the hell out!" Erin was shocked "that doesn't sound like Adam, to turn his back on a kid not to mention family"

"The kid is complicated, he has a record, and hates the police" Kim told her "Adam said the kid isn't his problem and he didn't want anything to do with him, at all"

"Thats rough, I don't even know what to say" Erin told her "I'm sorry"

"Well, I went and spoke with the case worker" Kim said as she pulled the picture out showing it to Erin "this face, I can't ignore it"

Erin looked at the picture "he's got eyes just like Adam and the boys, I can see why you can't walk away" she felt bad for her friend "what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to meet him, next week, and I haven't told Adam yet" Kim said as she picked at the napkin underneath her water glass. "We can't even discuss it without fighting and I've told him to get used to the couch"

"I think you need something stronger than a glass of water" Erin laughed "I can't see Adam not coming around eventually, it's his brother"

They sat talking at the table for a few hours, Kim finally standing up "thanks a lot Erin, I needed this, I better get home" she told Erin.

"Call me if you need to talk, Adam will come around" Erin replied.

"Its about time" Adam said when he heard the door open, not even looking in her direction, "did you have fun?"

"How are my boys?" Kim asked as she hung her car keys up and kicked her shoes off, she heard him grunt, she knew she hit a nerve referring to their boys as 'my boys'.

"Our boys are fine, both sleeping" he said emphasizing on the 'our'.

"I'm going to bed" Kim said, she hated fighting with him but this was one fight wasn't she was going to cave on, Hendrix needed them wether Adam liked it or not.

"How long are we going to go on like this, barely speaking to each other?" Adam asked.

Kim stopped and walked back into the living room, "how long do you plan on being a dick about the whole thing?" she asked, and turned back towards the bedroom.

Adam threw the television remote, it hitting the wall, leaving a remote shaped hole in its place. He got up and went outside, he didn't know what the hell to do. He hated his mother and didn't need a reminder of her, he knew it wasn't the kid's fault but it wasn't his either.