Chapter 40

Elaine and James had taken the boys home for the night, Adam sat holding his daughter "I'm sorry Kim" he said as he stared into his daughter's eyes, knowing he wouldn't ever be able to tell her no.

"For what?" She asked as she finished eating, pushing the plate aside "why are you sorry?"

"There's a new girl in my life" he smiled, "she's beautiful, just like her mom" he said, the first one of their children to look anything like Kim.

"It's alright Adam, I have three cute boys" she joked "you think she looks like me?" She asked "She has Ruzek eyes just like the boys, hopefully she doesn't inherit the Ruzek hair" she laughed.

"Well, I think it's time we came up with a name, don't you" Adam asked her.

"I have no idea, do you?" She asked him she didn't even think of girl names when she was pregnant just assuming it would be another boy "only name I had picked out was Andrew, and I don't think that works"

"No, we won't be calling my girl Andrew" he laughed "what about Danielle, and we could call her Dani?" He asked "when I was a kid, my dad had this babysitter for me and she was awesome, her name was Danielle"

"So, you want to name our daughter after some crush you had?" Kim laughed "I really like the name, but it's kind of strange that you had a crush on the girl she would be named after"

"That's just gross, Danielle was an older lady who lived across the street from us, she was like sixty Kim" Adam explained "Dani Ruzek, doesn't the sound great?"

"It does, now she needs a middle name" she pulled the name book out and began looking up names.

"Put that stupid book away, I have her middle name already" Adam told her laying Dani in the bassinet "Adam has your dad's name as his middle name, and I want Dani to have your mom's name as her middle name" he said sitting beside her on the bed "Danielle Elaine Ruzek, it's perfect"

"Yes, it is Adam" she said.

"Your parents have been so kind to my little brother, even before we brought up, adopting him, that it just makes sense" he told her "they have loved him like they love Adam, Liam, and now Dani from the first time they met him"

The pit in her stomach returned at the mention of Sean's adoption, it must have shown on her face "darlin', are you alright?" Adam asked her.

"I'm okay, I didn't want to tell you today, but I can't keep it to myself any longer" she started to explain "when I met Annie for lunch, she told me that someone came in and took a DNA test, he's claiming to be Sean's father" a tear sliding down her cheek.

Adam got up from the bed and looked out the window, he was quiet and it worried Kim "hey, tell me what you're thinking" she said softly.

"What's Annie think?" He asked her as he sat back down in the chair.

"Annie said he's bad news, she didn't go into detail" she suddenly remembered she had his name in her purse, "get my purse I have his name"

Adam grabbed it "she gave you his name?" He was shocked knowing Annie could get in trouble for giving his information out.

"Of course not, she stepped out of the office for a minute and the file just opened all on its own" she pulled the slip of paper out "here it is, his name is 'Tom Whiting', will you have intelligence look into him, please Adam, We can't lose Sean" the emotions of the day finally catching up to her and the floodgates opened.

"Hey, don't cry, Sean isn't going anywhere, I would die before I let that happen" he said taking her in his arms, his own tears threatening to fall.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you like the name, I had about ten different names before I came up with this one!