Chapter 6

Kim and Sam had their hands tied to the arms of the desk chairs and their feet bound with duct tape.

"I'm gonna call boss, let him know we have an unexpected guest" Tiny said pointing at Kim. "maybe have a bit more fun than we anticipated"

Tim Marcos was sitting at home when he got the call from Tiny, he decided to call a few more guys in and really make a statement. He figured it would be a good time to try out the new guy Tripp let him earn his money, he called him the call going to voicemail he left a message requesting a call back ASAP.

"Boss, is sending some more guys in, seems he wants us to have a little fun in this tower" Tiny told PJ.

Kim was trying to stay calm, but it was getting harder she was glad she sent Adam that text message,knowing that he would get concerned if she wasn't home soon. She glanced over at Sam, and wondered what this was all about, he was groggy from getting hit with the butt end of the tall guy's gun.

12:20

Adam was starting to worry, Kim had sent him that text at 10:40, he figured she would be home by now, the party was supposed to start soon. Thankfully, his dad had picked Adam James up, he was taking him to pick out a birthday present because he wasn't able to make the party.

Adam dialed Kim's number, it rang a few times before going to voicemail, "hey, it's me calling, just wondering where you are, call me, okay" he said and hung up. The doorbell rang, he laughed figuring she forgot her house key again.

"You have to stop forgetting-" he was saying as he pulled the door open Elaine and James on the other side "oh, hey guys I thought you were Kim" he explained "come in"

"Where's my grandson" James asked "he's gonna love what I got him"

"My dad picked him up a little while ago, he can't make the party so he took Adam shopping, they'll be back soon" Adam told them hoping his wife would also be home soon.

"Honey, where's Kim?" Elaine asked surprised her daughter wasn't home.

"The Ivory Tower, she should be home soon, just had to stop and get the cake" he left off that she said that two hours ago, "I will text her"

The phone went off again, the buzzing making it slide around the desk "can you shut that thing up" Tiny said to PJ avoiding using his name.

Kim knew it was Adam, it was less than twenty minutes since it last went off and she was sure that time it was also Adam. She watched as the shorter man picked the phone up, and he read it out loud "darlin', I'm getting worried, your parents are here, call me I love you" She felt a tear run down her cheek.

"Well, isn't that just the sweetest thing ever boys" Tiny said watching the others laugh and Kim become distressed.

"Oh, don't worry little lady, we may not kill you" he paused and pointed at Sam "him, we are killing for sure, we aren't so sure about you yet" Tiny told her thankful her mouth was covered with duct tape he really didn't want to hear her mouth off.

2:10

Jay finally checked his voicemail on his UC phone intrigued when he heard Tim Marcos' voice asking him to call him back, he returned the call right away hoping he wasn't too late.

"Hey Tim, it's Tripp, sorry it took awhile to get back to you" Jay told him he debated giving an excuse but a hunch told him Marcos would appreciate just an apology and no excuse, and he was right.

"No worries, Tripp, head down to the CPD's famous Ivory Tower, we are having a little fun" Marcos told him "got a couple of pigs we're holding hostage"