Chapter 7

SATURDAY 4:00

Adam was silent on the drive to the Ivory Tower, too many different scenarios running through his mind, each one worse than the previous.

Al glanced over at him and knew what Adam was doing "don't Adam, don't do it" he said, "I mean it Ruzek, stop"

It finally registered with Adam, that Al was speaking to him "you, say something?" he asked.

"I did, you need to stop thinking worst case, Adam, it won't help anyone" he said as exited the highway just a few miles from the tower.

"I can't help it Al, she's my everything, I need her and Adam needs her" he said,he wasn't sure how much longer he could keep his emotions in check. "I know she's got Halstead with her, but Al their outnumbered"

"They won't be for long, kid" he told him "Kim's coming home to you and the boy"

Jay watched as they beat Hayden again, amazed the guy was still breathing, he checked the explosives relieved when he discovered they were minimal and wouldn't do much damage at all. He wanted to check on Kim, she was pretty banged up but seem to be doing better than Hayden, he had to be careful he wasn't caught by anyone.

"Hey, I gotta take a leak" Jay said as he headed to the the bathroom, he checked to make sure he was alone and quickly locked the door.

"It's Halstead, the explosives are amateur at best, 10 guys all carrying ak47s, Kim's okay, Hayden's in bad shape, feel free to join the party at anytime boys" Jay finished.

As he was leaving the bathroom he saw the group huddled in the corner, he took it as a chance to check on Kim.

"You ok?" He asked her, desperately wanting to remove the tape from her mouth but it was too risky.

Kim nodded her head.

"Adam's outside, so is SWAT and Intelligence, I know it's hard but sit tight, they're coming soon" Jay noticed Kim's eye grow huge, he slowly turned around only to find himself looking down the barrel of Tiny's gun.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Tiny asked he didn't wait for Jay to respond "get on your fucking feet you prick"

Jay stood up slowly "listen Tiny, don't do this you can still walk away from this" he said.

"Voight, we got a problem" O said over the radio "Halstead's been identified as a cop"

"Thats it Al, we gotta get inside" Adam begged " she's my wife man" he said as Al remained silent waiting to here back from Voight.

Tony and PJ huddled in the corner while the others held Jay, Kim, and Hayden at gunpoint "we have to do something, can't let them just walk out of here" PJ said.

"I know, fuck it, pop a couple of caps in 'em" Tiny laughed "we haul ass out of here, let the others take the fall" he said.

He turned and fired three shots, the two of them taking off.

They could hear outside "Shots fired! Shots Fired!" Lindsey yelled over the radio, followed by Voight "Breach now!"

AUTHORS NOTE:

Struggled with this chapter, hope it's enjoyable. I'm hoping to have a lot more Linstead in this story.