Chapter Two

I glanced at my phone, smiling at a text from my friend. My smile faded when I saw what it said. "Check your DM" I unlocked my phone, going on Instagram. My friend, Hailey sent me (along with Jessica, the friend who sent me the text) sent me a picture of her middle finger. I read the paragraph under it.

Fuck you, October. You lying, cheating asshole. Go kill yourself you immature bitch. You deserve to fucking die, and listen to those goddamn hate comments because they're all fucking true you bastard. Fuck you, and fuck your brother.

Tears brimmed my eyes. Hailey was one of my best friends. Why would she hate me? It's not like anyone hacked her, she's an only child. She must've meant it. It was from her.

I sucked in my lower lip, biting it. I forced myself not to cry right in the middle of the mall, in front of everyone. My breaths were deep, and I was aware. I just hoped no one I was with noticed.

I felt Patrick's hand grab my wrist. I looked away from him. "You alright?" He asked into my ear at a whisper. I nodded, that awful pinching feeling in my nose. I felt him drag me to an empty hallway. I tripped after him, tears now running down my cheeks.

I was overreacting.

She was just pissed off at someone else.

I was being pussy.

I felt Patrick wrap his arms around me. I just stood there, sobbing. "I'm not okay." I whimpered into his shoulder. "I know," he murmured, "what happened?"

I shook my head. I didn't want to ignore something. I wiped my eyes. "It's nothing." I blinked out the last of the tears. I sighed, walking out beside Patrick. "What happened, Octavian?" My brother asked once he saw me, my head hung. I shrugged. "Nothing. It's fine."

Pete wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He smiled, glancing at me. Damn you, Pete Wentz with your charming smile. I returned it, exhaling an excessive amount of air out of my nose. It wasn't exactly snorting.

I walked with the boys to a few stores, spending a lot of time in Hot Topic as fans swarmed the guys, I shopped, buying a shit-ton of Harry Potter, Supernatural, and band merch. The total was somewhere around $300. Oops.

We got lunch after that, and the teasing of Patrick's bacon continued. He'd reply with his snarky responses, the ones he used to pick on me with.

I found myself lost in thoughts of the past.

"Oct!" I heard someone call my name. I shook my head, looking in the direction my name was called. Joe was pointing at the waitress. "Oh- sorry.. What'd you say?" I asked, blushing wildly.

"What would you like to eat?" She asked again with a smile. "A burger," I replied, not thinking. "Fries?" I nodded. "Okay." She said, walking away.

I ran my fingers through my hair, checking my texts. Now both of my friends were saying how they hated me.

I bit my lip, putting it down and staring out the window. What the fuck did I do?