Chapter Ten

*October's POV*

I told Patrick I was abused by my father. I didn't want to function after that. I just wanted to be safe in his arms. "Patrick.. I. I- I love you." I cried into his chest. He hugs me closer. "I love you too, Sunshine. My beautiful Sunshine."

I frowned. I wasn't beautiful. He was only saying that and he knew I was ugly shit. I wiped my eyes, gazing at Patrick. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?" I asked timidly.

"Of course, my Sunshine." Patrick replies with a weak smile. He holds my hand as we walk back to the room.

Patrick's POV

She didn't mean that I love you. It was a thanks.

I wish it wasn't.

Is it?

Yes.

No.

I sighed, slightly confused, but mostly upset about October's pain. I wanted to get her to the room and put something on her scars and cuts and bruises. I wanted to talk to her about it.

I held her hand tightly, even as I fumbled with the key. Everyone was asleep, including Pete. I led her into the bathroom, closing the door quietly.

I sat on the toilet and she sat in my leg. "I'm sorry if I make this awkward." And says. That gained a chuckle from me. "I'd be the awkward one."

She lifted up he'd shirt, exposing even more marks. I stood up to grab a first aid kit. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked her. October shrugged, flinching when I dabbed a cut with a cold, damp rag. "I.. I don't know. I don't want to talk about it, Patrick."

I nodded. "Okay." For a moment, I focused on cleaning her up. "I love you." I said. "A lot, and this is hurting me to see you in pain too."

October sniffled. "I know, Patrick. I'm so fucking sorry."

I finished trying to help clean some of the open cuts a bit, and I carefully pulled her shirt down. October stood up, holding her arms out. I picked her up, carrying her out of the bathroom and into the bed. We were already in pajamas (I don't even know if I mention that they changed but they did) so we could just lie down.

October was pressed against me. I heard her breathing slow and that's when I was positive she was asleep. I kissed the top of her head, going to sleep. I hoped that she'd be able to sleep well.

**

I woke up to October's fidgeting. I heard her yawn, her fingers wrapping around my hand. I smiled, glancing down at her, still asleep. I kissed her nose lightly, and she opened her eyes. "Morning." She yawned. "Good morning, Sunshine." I replied.

"Stop calling me that." She yawned. "I'm anything but sunshine. I'm like a hurricane; I seem to last forever, and when I finally end, everything is fucked up."

I sat up, yawning. "That's a lie. You're like sunshine, you are bright and beautiful, you help through tough times, but when things get tough for you, you hide and the wind needs to bring you back out." I said.

She shook her head. I wanted her, and I wanted it so badly, to see her love herself. I knew she was self-conscious and insecure, but I really didn't want her to be, not for my good, but hers.

*October's POV*

I got up out of bed, digging through my suitcase. I pulled out a quick, crappy outfit ( http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=14614251&.svc=copypaste&id=158564906 ) and got dressed quickly.

I stifled a yawn, laying down on the bed and letting my blue Converse hang off the side. I hated it when shoes were on a bed.

I opened my eyes when I heard the door open, and I glanced at who it was. "Hi Bren." I yawned, sitting up. "Hey Oreo." He replied, referring to my sweater.

"You walked in crying last night." Brendon said, looking at me seriously. I bit my lip. "Yeah, I know." Brendon sat next to me. "Did Patrick hurt you?" He whispered, making sure Patrick wouldn't be able to hear brought the bathroom door.

I shook my head. "It wasn't anything." I tugged down at the back of my sweater. "Alright, Oreo." Brendon chuckled, patting my back. "We're gonna go to the movie's today." He told me. "Alright." I said, smiling.

Just as Brendon walked out, Patrick walked out of the bathroom. "Who were you talking to?" He asked, adjusting his fedora on his head. "Brendon." I replied simply. "We're going to the movie's today."

Patrick grinned. "What are we seeing?" He asked. I shrugged. "Dunno."

His smile faded when he saw me tug at the sleeves of my sweater. He sat next to me. "How's your back?" He asked. I shrugged again. "Same as always."

Patrick smiled weakly. "We have a concert tomorrow." He said, grabbing my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Really?" Patrick nodded. "Yeah, so get a good night's sleep tonight. We have to
be at the beach b-" I cut him off.

"The beach? There's a concert at a beach?" I smiled, standing up. "Yeah. We have to be there by 6 in the morning. Then the day after, uh, Thursday, we go to Connecticut."

I nodded, walking out of the room. We followed everyone else out, lagging behind. Pete dropped next to me. "Do you wanna go to McDonalds?" He asked. I glanced up at him. "I don't know. If you want."

Don't eat that shit. I tell myself. You'll get even fatter and even more gross.

Pete laughed a bit. "Alright. What do you want?" He said after we walked out of the hotel, which was next to McDonalds. "Just coffee." I told him.

"You have to eat." Pete said. "No." I bit my lip.

We walked into the fast food chain and Pete ordered me a hash brown against my will. We sat down, and I just stared at the enlarged tater tot. "Eat, October." Andy whispered to me. I groaned, taking a small bite of the hash brown. "The whole thing." He said seriously.

I reluctantly ate it, taking a small sip of the iced coffee. "Feel better?" Andy asked. I shrugged. "Meh."

He chuckled, patting my shoulder.

Once we were all done, Frank stood up. "Alright, team! Let's get moving!" He yelled. I followed Joe out of the McDonald's, scrolling through Instagram. Hate, hate, and more death threats. We walked to the theater, getting tickets for Unfriended, which was apparently one of the best horror movies out there.

I sat next to Patrick, on the end. He was already eating popcorn even before the movie started. Everyone beside me did it, and it honestly annoyed the shit out of me.

I reached over and grabbed a piece of popcorn, eating it once the movie actually started.

I felt gross even after that one piece.

The movie seemed to last forever, but that was probably because my stomach started hurting, just like my head.

Two hours of hell.

I practically ran out of the theater, throwing up in a trash can outside. Fuck.

I groaned, feeling a warm hand on my back. "Okay, okay. Let it all out." I coughed, spitting a bit. "Let's get going, alright?" I looked up, seeing Brendon stood over me. I nodded, wiping my mouth with a napkin Gerard handed to me. I just wanted to sleep right then and there.