Chapter Thirteen

It turned out we were going to the bay. It was pretty cold today, so I was confused on what we'd be doing.

*
(#OOTC (Outfit of The Chapter):
http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=14614251&.svc=copypaste&id=158862496 )

I stood, trying not to get sand in my shoes. I picked up my phone.

'Hey! I heard you're at the bay today, wanna hang? I'm right by the entrance' One of my best friends, Jake texted just then.

I typed quickly 'Be there in a minute'

Well, to be honest, he was more of my boyfriend. I turned to see Pete staring at the water, humming. "PETE! IM GONNA GO MEET ONE OF MY FRIENDS! I'LL BE BACK!" I screamed. "OKAY!" He yelled back.

I tripped on my way to Jake, grunting as I tried not to fall. I grinned when I felt someone grab me. I looked up to see Jake, his shaggy brown hair and muscle tee were just the same. (He changes his shirt) I pulled him into a hug, our lips meeting you. "I like your hair!" He grinned. "Thank you." I replied, pecking his cheek.

"How have you been?" Jake asked, taking a swig of Arizona Green Tea. "Good, I mean, tired. But I've been good." I knew, in a sense, I was lying. I wasn't really good.

"That's good." Jake smiled. "You're on tour with your brother, right?" I nodded. He smiled some more. "Yeah, you're always posting about it in Instagram. It's cute."

I blushed a bit. I never really thought about Jake, but he was sweet. I ran my fingers through my hair, adjusting my beanie and glasses. "That beanie never changed, eh?" I shook my head, giggling.

"Hey, October!" I heard someone call from behind me. I turned, seeing Patrick jogging (more like stumbling) through the sand, holding a frisbee. "Oh," he stopped, fixing the placement of his fedora, "who's this?"

"This is my boyfriend, Jake." I told Patrick. I frowned once Patrick did. "O-a- hi, Jake." He said awkwardly,

*PATRICK'S POV* (oh shit tho)

I gazed up at Jake. He was probably six foot something, much taller than me. "Well, I was just wondering if you wanted to play frisbee with us?" I asked, turning to see if the others were still there. October smiled politely. "Sorry, 'Trick, but no."

I shrugged. "It's fine. You can jump in if you want." I walked back, biting my lip. I don't know why I was so upset. I mean, wasn't it obvious that October and I were just friends? I pushed it to the side, or tried to.

I jogged up next to Joe, tossing the frisbee absentmindedly to Andy. I found myself glancing back at Jake and October. I was hit in the face a few times, which resulted in a bloodied nose.

"PATRICK ARE YOU OKAY?" Pete yelled, leaping over to me once the frisbee bounced off my nose, and I fell to the ground. "Yeah," I muttered, wiping the blood from my nose, "I'm alright, uh, ow." Pete smiled a bit, pulling me up.

I watched from a bench, glancing occasionally at October and Jake. I jumped when I felt someone sit next to me. "Hey, Pat."

It was Pete, obviously. "Hi," I sighed.

"You like October." Pete stated. I blushed. "As a friend." I continued, shaking my head vigorously. Pete chuckled. "More than a friend, Patrick, you love her, don't deny it."

I watched the others play frisbee, forcing myself not to look at October and Jake. "I dunno, Pete." I groaned. "I don't know if I do love her or if I just want to protect her or both." Pete laughed again. "You want both."

I shrugged. "Just please don't tell her."

Pete just smiled for a while, glancing at his sister then back at me. "Alright, pal, I won't."

"Oh, thank you." I grinned. I'll tell her myself.

To be honest, she said that we were a thing. She must've forgot about her real boyfriend in the moment, and just been focused on me. I tried not to get too upset over it.

***

*OCTOBER'S POV*

I hung out with Jake until he had to leave. I then returned to Patrick, who was sitting alone on a bench, looking kind of upset. "Hey, 'Trick." I smiled, sitting next to him. He ignored me. "Patrick?" He continues to stay quiet.

*PATRICK'S POV*

Just ignore her. She deserves it. She told you she loves you, and she lied. Fucking ignore her.

"Patrick, answer me please." I turned away from her. "Patrick what the fuck did I do? Answer me!"

I chewed my bottom lip, biting it hard when October yelled. "Fuck you, Patrick!" She stormed off, sitting far away from me. I didn't want to be mad at her, but she deserved it. "Fuck you, October!" I yelled back.

*OCTOBER'S POV*
(Sorry for the constant switching)

I tried to ignore what Patrick just said. The three words rang in my ears. 'Fuck you, October!'

I never thought he'd be truly mad at me like that. I mean, I hadn't done want thing to him. I just refused to play a game of frisbee with him, and Patrick had more sense than to get upset over that.

I stared blankly at my phone. I wanted to apologize. I just wanted to tell Patrick I was sorry, even though I had no clue what I had done.

I got up, striding over to him again. "Am I still fucked?" I asked, gaining a small smile from Patrick, but he forced it away, crossing his arms stubbornly and turning away from me again. "Patrick, I'm sorry. I have no goddamn clue what I did but I'm sorry for it."

*PATRICKS POV*

"Yeah, whatever." I grunted, walking away from October and heading to the bus. I went right to the lounge, turning on the TV and mindlessly flipping through channels.

I tried as hard as possible to be mad at October. She lied to me, about something that really meant something to me too. I had to be mad at her.