Chapter Five

I laid with Patrick, listening as he sung softly. I loved his voice, it was so soothing.

"We get to see My Chem and Panic! tomorrow." He said. "They miss you."

I smiled. "You forgot about something else." Patrick glanced at me, giggling. "Is it a birthday?" He asked. I nodded, sucking in a breath. "Is it my Sunshine's birthday?" He asked.

I nodded again. "What are you getting me, 'Trick?" I asked. He shrugged. "When is it, tomorrow?" I snorted, nodding once more. "Oh, well just wait here. I have something."

He got up, walking out. Patrick was the best friend anyone could ask for. Kind, forgiving, and generous. Not to mention, really cool.

I told his hat off my head, tossing it in the air. He'd kill me if he saw one of his fedoras being thrown. I took off my beanie and replaced it with his fedora.

He came back in with a box, not wrapped. Just a box. "It's not really that extravagant." He grunted, putting it down on the couch. I smiled, opening it. Books. Lots of books. My smile grew as I looked through, picking out chocolates and other candies.i dig to the bottom, finding all of All Time Low's albums. My second favorite band (next to Fall Out Boy)

I grinned, hugging him. "Thank you so much!" I squealed. "You're welcome, October. You deserve it." Patrick smiled at me.

I grabbed one of the books. Looking For Alaska by John Green. I had been really wanting that book for a while. "You spent all this money on me?" I asked, not looking up from my books.

"Kinda. They were books I had already finished and wanted to give to you. The albums are new though."

I hugged him as a thanks. "This is the best thing ever." My smile was unbelievably large.

I opened one of the books and started reading. I enjoyed spending time with him, my best friend. One of my only friends. I got distracted from the book, thinking about my father.

"Don't ever tell about this I swear to god I will kill you."

My father's voice rang in my head.

I screamed as I was hit over the wharf with a bottle, tied up in the wall.

I reached over to the scar on my back, where I had to get stitches. Biting my lip, I continued to try and read. I glanced at Patrick. On his phone, frowning. "What are you so upset about?" I asked.

"Elisa just broke up with me." He sounded upset. I frowned. "I'm sorry, dude." I put my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged. "It was actually the other way around. I couldn't handle the long-distance relationship and she was getting a little upset too. It was good for both of us."

I nodded. For some reason, I was a big happier. It's not like I didn't like Elisa, I mean I never even met her. I didn't like Patrick romantically either. Platonic, yeah. Romantic, no.

He sighed deeply. I returned the sigh. "Are you excited for the concert tomorrow?" He asked. I shrugged, nodding. "Kinda."

Patrick snorted. "You're gonna like it."