Chapter twelve: The walk home

After science wraps up, I go over to Liam and we head out back into the hallway. The class was alright, nothing too exciting. But nothing about space, it was just climate change. Which is important don't get me wrong but I just wanted space. Speaking of space. I want it with people right now. I don't have time for them. I need all the space that the world can offer. Which means my bedroom.
"Well, I gotta go see ya KC."
"Bye Liam."
Liam has Soccer practice after school. Should I be saying football instead? I mean that's more correct because we're in England. But then again it's soccer? It's soccer. I mean hey, soccer isn't even a main sport in the United States and we can still make a presence in the world cup. Yet put pads on a British guy with 21 others and tell me if they could out-score an American team. Yeah. It's soccer.

I start walking down the hallway. Fly as hell... as usual. And I see Estell at the bottom of the stairs.
"Come on, let's go." Estell jokingly says out loud.
"I'm comin' I'm comin' calm down." I laugh as I sprint down the stairs
When I reach the end of the stairs. I see August and Piper walking up to me and Estell.
"So KC how was your first day here?"
"It was cool thanks for asking Piper."
"Of course. Oh, are you busy this weekend?"
I look at Estell and look back at Piper and August
"No, I'm free this weekend."
I looked back at Estell just to make sure nothing was going on. And by the look she gave, (which was none) I'm pretty sure that I'm good.
"Good cause we want to take you out to some places on the outskirts of London babes."
"Oh, shit really? Alright, cool it down."
"Ok great. We gotta get going, me and Piper have to go look at the rugby boys."
"Umm ok then. See ya." I say as we all start to laugh and go our separate ways.

While August and Piper start to walk out to the sports field in the back to see the rugby boys as Estell and I walk through the front of the school and head home.

After a while of walking and sightseeing, Estell asks me a question.
"So what was the thing with Theo?"
"Oh that... Yeah, Liam and I thought it was weird that he went up to me and apologized even though there was nothing to apologize about in the first place."
"And?"
"Right... I thought it meant something as he liked me but Liam said that he's straight and I said I know but then again it's just weird through the interactions we've had today. So it was just a weird thing ya know."
"Yeah... You guys would look so cute together. Oh and your mom would be so happy."
My mom would only be happy cause he ain't white. Well I mean this dude is super SUPER light skin. But still, you can tell he got some black in him.  Also my mama don't care about race. But she would be a bit happier if it wasn't a white guy. I told her that my heart chooses love and personality.  Not looks.  And she agreed so I'm pretty sure that's good.
"Guess but then again I don't have time for anything like that."
"Yeah, you do. KC you need to get out there and do something with your life. You are gorgeous, kind, and smart. Every boy would want to be with you."
"I mean I guess but I'm not about to look for one. I'll just let it happen."
"Well let's hope it happens soon."
Even though I said I'll just let it happen. I have thought of it today. I mean it wouldn't be a bad idea. But then again I just don't want to deal with it. Putting up with a boyfriend and maintaining that relationship. It's hard. And what if we break up? Yeah, that's not fun. Ain't no fun when you are in hell.

After a while of walking and sightseeing. Estell asked me a question.
"So why do you think that Theo might be gay."
"I didn't say that. I was stating that it was interesting that Theo would take the time out of his day to come to talk to me about a problem that's nonexistent. On top of that, he looked nervous as hell to come and talk to me as well. Like, am I crazy? Or is that just weird?"
"Yeah, you're right. Well, we'll have to see."
"Definitely."
After walking a bit more Estell pulls out her speaker.
"Do you listen to Clay?"
"Oh MY GOD, I LOVE HER. I have some of her albums at the house."
"Oh good good,"
Estell says as she tunes on one of her most popular songs orange.

As we start walking the first lyrics start hitting the speaker.

You took away my color

You know that was my favorite one

Reminded me of summer, tangled up in covers

Can't enjoy the morning sun

You came without a warning

I should've seen the caution signs

Disrupted all the peace and brought me to my knees

And now you never leave my mind

We listen to her voice play through the speaker. Smooth and calm. That's why I love listening to her. Even though a lot of people don't listen to her. I'm shocked Estell knows her. We usually don't listen to the same kind of music. I mean remember how she was wearing a Prince crop top? Yeah, I would be the one to listen to Michael Jackson. The top rivals in pop. Even though we both listen to Prince and Michael Jackson. We have our differences on whos the best.

After a few more songs and sightseeing we reached the manor again. It's good to be here. I just wanna sleep and make a song or two. Ya know. The fun things? Also reflection time. Today was alright. Brits one-upped me a few times. But of course, the American boy won in our favor. All I hope is that tomorrow won't be as interesting as tomorrow.