Chapter twenty: Brooklyn

Brooklyn
1 year ago

"Charlotte, where the hell are you? You know my baby is about to walk and we aint about to miss it."
"I'm here to calm down. Jemma, go find your brother."
"Calm down, I'm here."
"Oh good Kc. ok are we all ready now."
"Yes just give it a moment Athena we aint about to miss anything."
"Jemma this is the mothers day ball and you know we're gonna snatch that trophy tonight."
"Ok can we all come down now. Athena, please relax and go tell the DJ what's up. Jem... baby go get the lights. And Kc you better work bitch."
"Ok Charlotte."
"OOOOO OK GIVING CUNTY ON THE RUNWAY TONIGHT."
An applase and chears flood the room for a runway performace.
"OH OK BOO WE SEE YOU... NOW IS THERE ANYONE ELSE?"

"Ready."

"GOING ONCE..."

"And"

"GOING TWICE..."

"Go."

"GOING-"

Just then all the lights turn off
"UH DO WE NEED TO PAY THE LIGHT BILL. I SWEAR THAT'S THE LAST TIME I-"
A spotlight turns on and points to the back of the room. Everyone turnes their head to get a look at what's going on.
"IS THAT... MS... MS.DIMOND??"
I turn my head and the lights turn back on while the song "got to be real" kicks in at its climax.

What you find-ah

(I think I love you, baby)

What you feel now

(I feel I need you, baby)

What you know-ah

To be real

What you find-ah

(I think I love you, baby)

What you feel now

(I feel I need you)

What you know-ah

To be real (it's time to be real)

To be real

"OHHHH BITCHHH."
The crowd erupts into applause and cheers as I strut down the runway in a elegent siut that's black and fades to a white shimmer fabric.
"THAT'S MY BABY. SEE CHARLLOTTE THATS MY BABY."
"Well well well... looks like the house of jules have done themselves another one aint that right now?"
The crown cheers again.
"Judges your scores... 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. Grand prize. Diamond. House of Jules."
I go and grab my trophy as I hug the other contestants in the category I just walked. I turn to look at my mom.
"Damn... what couldnt my baby do."