Chapter twenty three: I'm every woman

“Oh shit no no nonono no no.”
“Theo… it’s ok no one's gonna know.”

I'm not too sure anyone will know I mean the rest of his trio is here so they had to at least see one another.

“Really how do you know?”
“I dont but-.”

Theo takes a deep breath and exhales slowly but loudly in frustration.

“Can you just listen to me Theo?”
“I'm all yours.”
“No one's gonna out you, from what I see… I'm the only one that knows and I dont go around telling other people's business. There is nothing to worry about.”

Theo looks at me and lowers his head to the ground. 

 “If you say so.”

Theo takes off his mask and starts to laugh as the song “I'm every woman” by Chaka Khan comes on and the MC starts talking on the mic.

“Alright my Beautiful lushes icons here tonight we got ourselves the last category. Tonight we honor the brave men who can walk it fem and masc through these streets of life with no fear. Deeping there roots into knowing what it means to be a real man that genine, Kind, And real. That's why when they walk it with greatness and greatness is what we're doing tonight!”

 I turn over to Theo and ask “Have you ever walked a ball before?” He chuckles and says. “No should I give it a shot though”
“I dont know are you a man of greatness.” 
“Well, let's see.”
Theo gets up as the mc finishes up his speech. 
“The category is… Butch Queen Pride.”

Theo looks at me and smiles as he gets up and starts to walk over there. He gets to the floor as I get up and follow in his footsteps. There's a few people walking and he looks nervous. I turned to him.

 “Everything is fine. What happens here stays here.”

He smiles at me one more time and hopes onto the floor. And starts to walk. As I look at him I get a life lesson in my thoughts. We always become our true selves when you let reality pause. And visually I can see that in someone and that is one of the greatest things Ive ever seen. It's real. This is what living your truest self looks like. And that's the best thing you can feel. 
The category ends and Theo gets third which is impressive for someone when walking their first ball. He looks back at me and I smile. Everyone rushes to the dance floor and we all get lumped together as the song is about to hit its climax. 

 As me and Theo are dancing and laughing we stop and look into each other's eyes… and kiss as Chaka Khan hits her high note. 

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Ooooh

I'm every woman, I'm every woman

We pull back and look at each other in realization of what we just did. No one could have cared cause it's the last song and it's loud as hell in here. We laugh and continue dancing until the song ends. 
When the song finally ends, the mc kicks us out, lights shut off, and the night is over. Me and Theo are standing outside. 

“So KC”
“Like I keep saying dont worry everything is good and no one needs to know.”
“Oh.. ok good. I do however want to see you again sometime soon. At this hour. Somewhere in a park or something.”
“Well that's strangely romantic.”

Theo lightly laughs as he looks down to kick some rocks. I look at him one more time and step twords him and we hug. I look at him with a little bit of a confused face.

  "Oh you're serious."
  "Yeah." I say while laughing.
  "Are you guys always serious in America?"
  "Not alwyas."

we both start to laugh one more time as I agree to seeing him again.

“Goodnight Theo.”
“Night KC. I'll see you later.”

We smile one more time at each other. hug ones more. Theo even kissed me on the cheek. We both go our seprate ways and I turn around starting to go home As I see HUH… PHENIX LEAVING THE CLUB WITH SOME HOE THAT AINT ESTELL????  I aint the one to bring on bad news but I grab my phone and take a picture. Blurry but I can see him. Hopefully it's all a misunderstanding and I'm not going crazy. But this truth is gonna come out soon enough. Just gonna go home and hope Estell knows what's going on.

I put my phone back into my pocket. Say some goodbyes. And reflect on tonight. This hopefully will be another new start. But a golden one in my life.