Chapter nineteen: A night out

... You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling

And ooh-wee it's the ultimate feeling

You got me lifted feeling so gifted

Suga, how you get so fly?

... Suga, suga, how you get so fly?

Suga, suga, how you get so fly?

''Ok I gotta go back to my room but damn you got some good music.''
''Thanks liam. I'll see ya tomorrow. Night''
"Night."
As the door closes I go to my instagram to find any underground ball in london. Remember back how August said that I look familiar but he didn't realize me that much. Well... you're gonna find out soon.

"Ooo found one. Masquerade ball hosted by the house of kiki... house of kiki really?
I only say that because I've seen a house oh kiki in every ballroom I've been to. Oh also ballroom I should explain but briefly because I need to get ready.
"Ok what do I have."
The underground ballroom scene started in the 1920s in New York. The gay community used this as a safe environment and friendly competition for families. This also is the reason for houses. You would have a house mother or father that would create the house and a place to live. And house members or children will help snatch trophies and cash for their house to be noticed. 
"Black or white mask?... everything is always better in black."

Houses need to have a name and rep to be legendary obviously. One of the most famous houses is the house of xtravaganza. Or the house of ninja. The house of xtravaganza is important because it helped with the creation of Paris Is Burning. A movie that would give insight into the underground ballroom which was released in 1990. Now the house of ninja is aslo important because the house father Willi ninja. Is the godfather of vogue. Yes there would be no Madonna without him. Oh and house members take the last name of the house they join. House of ninja was Jemmas mothers house when she was a teen and into her 20s by the way.
"Sparkle suit?... where is this fro- oh... ha thanks mom!"

Now ballroom culture has expanded beyond New York hitting large cities around the globe. And well is the reason I've been a part of it. Gotta love culture.
"Where is this ballroom? Damn that far. Ok then."

There are some houses I know in london. House of vogue. Which is an off branch of ninja. House of gaga. Paying homage to well... lady gaga. All that stuff.
"Ok outfit done. Damn I look good. Ok where are my headphones?"

Ok it's been about 20 minutes and im outside of the ballroom. If i'm right there should be an mc judging someone on the floor right about now and five judges there waiting to give their scores. I'm a little nervous because the category I wanted to walk in is about to come up.

"Now Now Now... It's time for another category. Let's give our icon ms.Anna Wintour a little bit of love aint that right now."
I hear wooo coming from the ballroom floor.
"The category is. OTA WINTOUR BAZAAR."

As the category starts I take a deep breath. And walk in.

"Yasss honey we love a dress but not a basic one. Please remove yourself.."

As I walk in I see the floor empty and this is my moment. Better not fuck it up.

"Anyone else?... oh ok. Giving a clean suit. With some sparkle, OKK!!!! Oh and the tailoring ok I see you. You... you... wait is that?? IS THAT MS.DIMOND?