Chapter thirteen: The weekend

"WELL SHE SNEAKS AROUND THE WORLD FROM KIEV TO CAROLINA SHE'S A STICKY-FINGERED FILCHER FROM BERLIN DOWN TO BELIZE." 

Today is Saturday which means I have to clean my room. Yes, I've only been here for a week and it's dirty as hell but hey, I enjoy cleaning so I make time for it.

"SHE A DOUBLE-DEALING DIVA WITH A TASTE FOR THIEVERY. HER ITINERIS LOADED UP WITH MOVING VIOLATIONS. TELL ME WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO?"

Me and myself are having a blast. No one is home. Estell and Jenny are out shopping, Liam is with friends, Simon is at work, And I'm blasting my favorite game show theme song from when I was a kid while BELTING out the lyrics.

"WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO? WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO? WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO?"

When I was a kid and broke. We didn't have cartoons like every other kid. HOWEVER. I did have a copy of every season of the game show. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Oh and let me tell ya. The theme song is a banger. And the show itself. Now that I think about it, it's the reason that I like geography and history. So thank a thief wearing a big-ass red fedora and a bright red trench coat to match to teach me about how I know continents. 

As I'm hanging up my clothes and the show is in the middle of its program. (I found the show on youtube and started watching it). I get a notification on my phone. I walk over to my laptop and turn off the tv show as I pick up my phone. It's Piper. She asks if she wants to hang out at all today and she wants to take me and August to the London eye. The London Eye is the big Ferris wheel. I respond to her with sure as she gives me the time. 13:30. I've gotten pretty good with the time here. Ironically only 18 countries use 12-hour time. Everyone uses the 00 to 23. You don't realize how different the UK and the US are until you've lived in both countries.

I finish hanging up all my clothes while I take off the ones I'm wearing to put on a different outfit to go see Piper and August. Even though I was wearing nice clothes enough to just throw on shoes and call it a day. I didn't feel like wearing them. It didn't match how I feel right now nor what I'm getting ready to do. I mean it was RuPaul that said in some interview or something that he changes his clothes if he doesn't feel in the mood to wear them anymore. And as one of the few black gay men that look like me. I of course took that into my own action. 

I go over to my computer and turn on one of my own beats I've been making. It's pretty chill. It sounds like you're hearing a jazz piece outside of a bar in New York when all the lights are shining. I still need to work on it though. It doesn't have that effect yet. The kind that pulls you into music and when you close your eyes you just feel the music. Like it's right there in physical form while only being a radio wave. It's hard to explain but that's the best I got so far.

After I turn it on, I go over to my wardrobe and start looking through the clothes I hung up. After going back and forth on what I should wear from classy to the street. I decide on the streets cause the music in the background is calling for it. So I take out my black hoodie that's pretty oversize but the hem is tailored to fit my waist perfectly. It has a little crown symbol over where my heart is in white. I close my wardrobe and open go over to where my pants are and find my black Jeans I bought a few days ago cause I didn't have any. They have ripped parts on the knees. Not a lot but subtle to give demotion to the jeans. Afterward, I pull the top drawer and find my white beanie. I put that on the top of my head and glanced over at the time. 

12:30

Which is good cause I wanna leave here by 12:45 cause I wanna go and grab something to eat from Mcdonald's. Oh, don't worry now cause the food here isn't processed like it is in the states and is a lot better. Jenny took me there on Wednesday to wonder if there was a difference. And... It is by a long shot. I go back over to my desk, flip my laptop down, grab my phone and text Jenny. 

*Hey Jenny, I'm gonna go hang out with a few friends at the London Eye for a while so if you come back home early that's where i'll be.*

After that, I grab my personal backpack, and my bulky Headphones to match my outfit And put on my white High top Air Force ones. Freshhh from the box. Well not fresh but I have a habit of buying shoes and keeping the box for when I Resell them. That's my hustle. Buy some shoes, Customize, Sell, And repeat. Anyway, I get up off my bed from putting on my shoes and open my headphone case as I walk out my room door and down the hallway. I put my headphones in and turned on my favorite Jannet Jackson song. Got 'Till It's Gone. 

Have a feeling, now believing that you (yeah)

Were the one I was meant to be with (uh, uh, uh)

Oh, how I'm wishing, thinking, dreaming (uh, what?)

'Bout you and the love (uh, uh, what?)

How'd I ever let you get away?

As I start feeling the beat of the chorus, I text Piper that I'm on my way and head out the door to meet them at the London eye.

The American Boy Projectजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें