Home Sweet Home

Caspian feels his heart beat faster in his chest as he hugs Iris tighter to his chest. He may have just met Iris, but her beauty was captivating, with hair as dark as the night sky and sapphire blue eyes that seemed to complement each other well. Her strange attire and curious behavior just added to her charm. A powerful beastman like him could attract quite a few females, but despite how precious and rare females are in the beast world, none could grab his attention quite like the one in his arms now.

For Iris, familiarity was better than taking a chance on the unknown. So, she quickly wrapped her arms around Caspian's neck, hugging him to her, and declared

"I want Caspian to be my mate!"

James chuckled as he patted Caspian on the back.

"Well, you'll be in good hands. Caspian here is the strongest warrior in our tribe. I'll let the two of you get settled in."

With that James went into the cave, leaving only Oliver standing there with us.

"Be sure to collect enough food for the little female before the cold season starts. If she falls sick you know where my cave is."

The witch doctor turned to head into the cave, but Caspian reached out a hand to stop him.

"Wait, Oliver. My female wanted to ask you about some herbs."

Oliver made a surprised look as he turned to look at Iris.

"Are you sick, little female?"

Iris gave an awkward cough as she cleared her throat embarrassedly.

"Um, no..... I was wondering if you have any edible herbs?"

Oliver thought for a moment before answering hesitantly.

"Well, yes..... many herbs are brewed into medicine that you drink. Only a few are used by applying them to wounds."

Iris had learned a lot about various herbs from her world and knew that many were used as medicine in the past or in Chinese medicine. Thus, she was hopeful she might find some herbs and spices among Oliver's medicinal herbs.

"Would it be okay if we stop by later and take a look at what herbs you have?"

Oliver nods in agreement before bidding farewell. Caspian then headed into the cave entrance. Inside, Iris was surprised by how much it reminded her of an ant colony. The entrance was part of a large passage through the mountain. From there you could see smaller paths branching off with caves built into them.

Caspian brought Iris deep into the mountain until they came to a small cave. Caspian set Iris down inside the cave and declared,

"This is our home. It is a bit smaller than the caves most females prefer to live in, but I can expand it to meet your preferences."

The cave was certainly small with only a single medium-sized room. A few hides made up a bed on the floor and a few large pieces of dried meat lay in another part of the room.

Most of the cave system was fairly dark other than some algae that grew along the walls and gave off a dim glow. Caspian's home was not much different and was also quite dark. For someone not from the beast world with no night vision, it was painfully dark.

Very few caves had privacy. Doors simply weren't a thing and only a few beast families bothered to use beast hides as a curtain above their doors. As Caspian had been a bachelor up until now, he was among the many who did not bother with the additional privacy.

"Right now, I'll be your only mate but, as you get more mates and you have cubs, we can add onto the house more. For now, just let me know what you need to be comfortable."