Brewing Tensions

After Iris finished greeting the last of the single males, it was finally time to go. Caspian gathered all of Iris's gifts into two large beast skin bags while Basil and Ember stood on either side of Iris carefully guarding her. They slowly made their way out of the arena to the still-crowded streets.

To Iris's utter horror, there were several females who had not successfully secured inn rooms openly fucking in the street. Iris tried to look away but it seemed that no matter where she looked there was someone copulating with their new mates. Basil, seeing Iris's discomfort, leaned in to whisper

"Don't worry, that'll be us soon."

Iris blushed harder as she ran towards Caspian and hid behind him. Caspian chuckled as he nudged her back towards the vixen.

"You said you wanted him, don't go getting all shy now."

Caspian actually quite enjoyed Iris's flushed cheeks and mousy behavior. While he'd certainly prefer to take advantage of the situation and be greedy with her attention, his hands were too full to properly guard her currently.

Suddenly, Ivy came waltzing over with her new mates in tow and a nasty scowl on her face. With the fresh stench of sex sticking to her, the putrid smell she usually emitted was even worse than usual. Iris felt the need to retreat as her gag reflexes kicked into overgear.

Seeing Ember with Iris, Ivy felt wronged. It was like Iris was always trying to upstage Ivy and make her look bad. First, she gets kicked out of an event everyone else in the tribe was invited to. Then Ivy had to get an earful from her father about how her actions affected him and how she should have been more careful to not be caught stealing from others. Now, Iris had stolen the male Ivy had long had her eyes on.

Ember was the strongest among all the tribes in the area. He had never shown any interest in any females before this, no matter how much Ivy tried to seduce him. Feeling pissed off as all Hell, Ivy tried to get closer to Iris as she started shouting like a banshee.

"You evil bitch! You're always causing me trouble and taking things away from me. Now you want to steal my males too?"

Ivy stumbled forward into Iris and was quickly shoved forward to the point of falling down on her ass. Iris began to retch due to the overwhelming stench and had shoved Ivy away without even thinking about it. Ivy began to lose her mind even further as she started to scream obscenities and death threats at Iris.

One of Ivy's males began to step forward to attack Iris for hurting his mate. However, before he could even take another step, Ember quickly transformed his hands into claws and lashed out at him. The male fell to his knees as the tendons in his legs were sliced open.

Seeing one of her males go down, Ivy began to bawl and more of her mates stepped forward to attack. Since a fight was no longer unavailable, Basil stepped forward to help Ember take care of them.

Basil fought mostly with hand-to-hand combat using his fists and claws to efficiently knock down enemies. Meanwhile, Ember just continued to slice open vital arteries and leave his enemies helpless as they bled out on the ground.

As none of Ivy's mates were higher than three-starred beasts, they were easily overwhelmed by Basil and Ember. Soon the city guard rushed over to interrupt the fight but it was too little too late.

Basil sighed as he realized he would have to make an official statement on the matter. Since it was necessary to see the city's beast king and notify him that he'd be leaving in the morning due to finding a mate, Basil felt he might as well get it over with. Turning to Iris, he gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead as he said

"You all go back to my home. I need to sort this out so I will have to meet up with you later. I will, hopefully, be back by dinner time."

Ember quickly scooped Iris up and followed Caspian to the witch doctor's home. Once they were safely inside Caspian set the bags down and went to Iris's side. Caspian knew that Ivy had a knack for stressing his little mate out and was worried about her emotional state.