Mysterious Home

Basil soon came to Iris's side and sat beside her on the floor. He curled his tail up beside her and laid his head on his arms in Iris's lap as he gazed up at her. Iris noticed the curiosity and playfulness in Basil's eyes and wondered what he was up to.

Basil had never seen anything like the home Iris lived in. Her bed was made from wood instead of stone and had some sort of plush padding. There was an area dedicated to eating and sitting.

There was also what Basil could only assume to be a kitchen. The strange wooden discs and strangely carved wooden sticks that were stored alongside sharp bone knives were also curious. However, Basil was most confused by the cooking area. There were strange stone contraptions above the remains of where a fire had been lit and the remains of food in a stone pot.

Then, to make things even more confusing, there was an additional room for sitting with another cooking area? What was the point in having such a large area for cooking and sitting when Iris had only had one male up until now?

Basil knew it was unlikely that Caspian was the culprit for the strange things within their home. While Caspian likely was capable of creating such items physically, he seemed to lack creativity. Instead, he seemed to be a devoted male who cherished his female and did whatever she wanted.

This left Basil with only one last possibility. Iris must somehow be related to everything. Basil had even seen her putting more than should have physically been possible away into her bag. He had not only seen her place all his belongings inside, but also the contents of a rather large bag full of gifts she had received during the recent festivities.

Caspian soon came back into the main room and took note that Basil appeared to be entertaining Iris while Ember was nowhere to be seen. Caspian normally would not be bothered with what Ember does, but he was on guard with new males in their home. Caspian knew Iris was not like other females in the beast world and that their home was unusual. Thus, he questioned

"Where did Ember go? We only just got home and yet he has already wandered off?"

Iris looked up from where she had been petting Basil's soft tail. Caspian looked worried, but Iris quickly dismissed his concerns as she replied

"Ember said he was going out to hunt prey. I'm surprised you didn't hear him say it with your impeccable hearing."

Caspian nodded, easily accepting Iris's answer. It was quite possible that he had merely been too distracted when he returned home. Caspian turned to Basil as he addressed him.

"When dinner is finished being prepared, we need to have a family meeting. It is best we sort things out now so that we can live together well in the future."

Basil didn't even look away from Iris as he replied in his business tone

"Understood. We will need to sort out sleeping arrangements while it's still early, though. It doesn't look like the bedroom is large enough for all four of us."

It was common for multiple males to share the same bedroom as their female in the beast world. Any male that was favored by their mate would get a turn to sleep beside her at night and ensure her safety. The rest would be forced to sleep alone in various corners of their home.

Iris, however, felt this did not sit well with her. Iris did not think the roughly cobbled-together bed would hold up to having more than two sleeping in it at once. Even if it would, Iris worried that the bed would be far too cramped to sleep comfortably.

Then, of course, was the matter of Iris's desire for privacy whenever she was intimate with her mates. Iris, of course, knew that they likely could hear everything going on and that they had all seen her naked at this point. However, this still did not make the situation any less embarrassing and awkward. Iris did not want to have her mates watching as she had intercourse with the others.