Market Day Part Two

Iris was very curious about what sort of goods would be available at today's market. Caspian's only requirement was that she allow him to carry her around. Thus, as soon as Iris finished putting their new animal skins and crystals away, he scooped her up.

Since they were already right next to the temporary shops, it only made sense to view them first. As Iris had sold all of the clothing that Caspian and her sewed throughout the cold season, Iris was sure to snap up any of the nicer furs she found.

As most merchants did not have much selection, Iris used the medicinal herbs she received to trade with those who had a smaller selection. Iris preferred to eat her herbs in seasonings and was not familiar enough with medicinal herbs to know how to use them anyhow.

Yes, she had read her book on "Ancient Flora & Fauna," but that would not help her when it came to using the herbs. She would only know what the herbs were used for and if they were edible or not as well as what steps were needed to prepare them for consumption. The problem being that Iris would not know how to apply inedible herbs or how much medicinal herbs to take for a set illness.

There appeared to be many more trinkets at today's market than the last one Iris attended, and they were selling quite well. Every single beastman was buying them for some reason. When Iris questioned it, Caspian just smiled and said she'd find out soon enough.

After Iris ran out of medicinal herbs to trade for animal skins, she decided to wait until she went to the clothes specialty shop to buy more. They would have a larger selection which meant that her uncolored crystals would be able to get their full value in trade.

Since Iris had very little need for pottery, the temporary shops no longer held any interest for her. Iris did take note once again that she needed to look into collecting clay to make pottery with, though, as she saw another clay pot.

"Why don't we go to the Golden Tradesmen's shop next? You might be able to find some specialty goods there for yourself."

Iris nodded eagerly to Caspian's suggestion. Caspian was happy to see his little mate enjoying herself. The crowd was very thick today and it took a few minutes to get to the Tradesmen's shop. When they showed up there was also a line they had to wait in.

"They look really busy today, business must be pretty good for them, Iris muttered out loud. Caspian felt bad for making his mate wait for so long, but he knew this was common after the snow melted. The market would continue to be busy for the first month or so of the rainy season, especially during the beauty pageant. Today was especially bad since everyone was eager to enjoy the first market of the season.

When they finally made their way to the front, they were greeted by the shop attendant.

"Welcome, what can I help you find today?"

Caspian looked to Iris for an answer since it was entirely up to her, as far as he was concerned.

"I'd like to see any edible herbs, spices, or edible foods you might have first. Besides that, if you have any unique trinkets not found at the other shops, that'd be good to see too."

The beastman attending the shop was stunned by the charming voice of the female in front of him. Surely this female was a real beauty, but, with her face covered, he could only speculate. Regaining his composure, the beastman went to fetch the requested items.

Generally speaking, most trinkets you'd find across the beast continent would be the same. However, occasionally something new and unique would pop up and it would be the Golden Tradesmen's job to obtain such items and capitalize on the business opportunity.

This meant that most of their selection today was everyday goods and items that would appeal to females. They had a large selection of dried and fresh flowers, jewelry, and soft beast furs. However, mixed in among this chaos, Iris could see a few unique items. At one of these items, Iris quickly pointed.