Haute Couture

When Caspian arrived at the beast city, he began to be heckled by the guards. It seems quite a few people remembered him and his little mate and they were making jokes about Caspian falling out of favor after the beauty pageant. Others were curious as to when they'd see Iris again after seeing her beauty once.

This just made Caspian glad that he was no longer guarding Iris alone. Ember was far stronger than Caspian and it would be good to have an extra pair of eyes to watch for trouble from now on.

Caspian found a good spot to set up his temporary shop and laid a few beastskin down. One would not suffice for the sheer amount of items Caspian had brought with him today.

Caspian carefully arranged all the clothes along the left side and all the leftover gifts on the right side of the animal hides. Then, Caspian carefully arranged the cookies on display in the middle alongside the games with their pieces. In front of him, Caspian had several pieces of beast hide in varying sizes to wrap purchases with.

As soon as people began to notice Caspian's stall, they began to form a long line to purchase from him. This confused Caspian who had previously had such a poor reception previously. However, a rather talkative first guest quickly answered his confusion.

"Oh man! You have no idea how hard I've been trying to find clothes like these! They're all my female has been talking about lately, but no one else in all the nearby tribes and cities had anything like it. You've got to sell some to me. Come on, I'll pay anything!"

Caspian was surprised to hear word of his mate's clothing style had spread so far. Caspian decided to try charging an uncolored crystal per outfit and still easily sold out in no time. Caspian was now quite excited to share with Iris that they had made 100 uncolored crystals just off of her outfits.

The Manacala game appeared quite strange to the beastmen and only a rare few asked about it. When they did, Caspian happily explained how to play the game and he managed a few sales. However, most of the sales of Manacala and cookies did not occur until his fellow tribesmen showed up.

As per usual, Holly and Fawn were some of the first to arrive. Seeing that Iris wasn't here today, Holly's face fell. Still, Holly wanted to support her friend and have the nice items Caspian was selling. Thus, Daniel stepped forward to speak for his mate

"It's a shame you already sold out of outfits. I hear they've been getting quite popular. I'm glad that the games and cookies are still a well kept secret or else my mate would be disappointed. How much are they?"

Caspian easily answered

"The Manacala is one uncolored crystal per set and the cookies are ten per uncolored crystal."

Daniel nodded in understanding and happily purchased twenty cookies and two copies of Manacala. Their family of five would require, at least, two copies to be able to play at the same time. As for the cookies, they'd have bought all of them if they could afford it. Holly simply loved Iris's sweets too much.

The pricing on the game was so high despite the simple materials because it was a novelty item not sold elsewhere. There was no such things as games in the beastworld and the idea for such a thing was valuable in itself. As for the cookies, not only were sweets, outside of honey, non-existent, but they were also a well made good others couldn't replicate.

Besides that, beastmen could only count as high as the number of fingers on their hands. After that, beastmen didn't know what came next and would just start again from one. For example, they might say "I'll take ten and two of those" rather than twelve. This made it easy for beastmen to lose count and get confused at numbers higher than ten.

When it was Fawn's turn, she quickly bought out the last of the games and cookies. Fawn had enough mates that she could more easily afford nice items even if they were barely stronger than Holly's mates.