Strongest Mate

When Caspian and Ember returned to Basil's old home, it was to Iris sleeping peacefully in Basil's arms. Basil watched contentedly as Iris slept, with a relaxed smile on his face.

Ember seemed disgruntled to see Iris asleep. He had gone out of his way to catch an all too uncommon auroch (cow ancestor) and was eager to show off his prey. Many beastmen struggled to catch such a large and angry beast and could find themselves injured from the large horns on the auroch's head. Of course, for Ember, catching any prey was an easy feat.

Caspian felt very put off by Ember's overly prideful and brutish behavior. Ember had been pissed as Hell when Caspian had tried to tell him they needed to go hunt this morning. It wasn't until Ember had beat Caspian black and blue that he had felt compliant enough to do so.

Ember was plenty happy to provide for his mate but he wouldn't put up with anyone even hinting at telling him what to do. Thus, after teaching Caspian a lesson he told Caspian to "fuck off" while he went to catch Iris breakfast himself.

Caspian had decided that as long as Iris was provided for, it wasn't worth worrying about Ember's attitude. Then Caspian went to gather miner's lettuce and chickweeds so Iris could have plants with her meat. Caspian knew Iris would not be very happy if she was served only meat, even if she wouldn't actually admit to it.

Upon walking into the bedroom, Ember shoved Basil on the floor and then handed him the meat saying

"Prepare this for her. I'm going to go out, I'll be back later."

Basil wanted to argue with Ember, but after seeing the state Caspian was in, he didn't feel it was worth it. Thus, Basil got to work fetching water and starting a fire to cook the food.

Meanwhile, Caspian attended to Iris. Caspian washed her and then tucked the blankets around her to keep her warm. Later, when she was eating Caspian would comb Iris's hair so that she could be more comfortable.

After leaving the house, Ember headed to the combat arena. Having had very little other joys in life up until this point, Ember had often fought in the arena. It was a great way to make money, practice your combat skills, and gain experience towards leveling one's beast up.

In order to enter the arena, one had to pay an initial fee. From there, so long as you made it past the first round, you could earn payment. The better you did in the arena before having to tap out, the more money you could make. In a small beast city like this one, Ember would have very little trouble defeating anyone thrown his way.

The combat arena actually made a lot of money for the city as well. Audience members would also pay a fee to enter that was only slightly less than the participants' entry fee. From there, bets could be placed on how long you thought a competitor could last and who would win a given match. Much like other gambling establishments in the modern world, the house would always profit the most.

When Iris awoke, it was to the delicious smell of roasting meat. Iris had a gentle smile as she took in her mates' figures. They were all quite handsome with well-defined muscles, but they were also unique in their own ways. Iris felt quite content as she quietly watched Basil cooking.

When Basil saw Iris was awake he pounced towards her with his eyes alight with mischief. Iris blushed as she was reminded of earlier that morning when she was intimate with Basil. Basil said nothing as he leaned in for a kiss.

"Your breakfast will be done soon. Ember caught an auroch before going out for the morning. After breakfast, we will need to pack everything up so we can head home before nightfall."

Caspian interrupted the two's intimacy with a pained voice. Iris looked over to Caspian with a concerned face. She was worried he was upset about her taking in other mates despite having assured her previously that everything would be fine.