New Family

Basil went hunting before coming home. He was eager to ensure Iris wouldn't regret accepting him as her mate. Luckily, this was an easy task for Basil. He was a four-starred celestial beast after all.

Even if he wasn't blessed enough to awaken an element yet, he had trained hard to get to the point he was. Basil often entered the combat arena to polish his skills and hunted dangerous prey.

As a witch doctor, you never knew when a male would lose his temper and try to take it out on you. Many witch doctors depended on their tribal leaders or city guards to back them up, but Basil wasn't satisfied with that.

Now, Basil was grateful he had worked so hard in the past. Since Iris gave him a chance, Basil wanted to prove himself more than capable of protecting and caring for her.

Basil removed the internal organ and skin of the caribou he had caught. He removed the antlers and set them aside, wanting to present them to Iris. It was possible she would want him to make her some jewelry out of them and Basil was eager to please.

When Basil returned to his house, he was met with the sounds of Iris moaning and saw Caspian guarding outside the home. Basil felt a little disappointed that a new male was getting to pleasure Iris before him, but he couldn't hold it against her. After all, Ember was stronger than Basil and the strong always got the most respect and love.

Caspian pretended he didn't notice Basil as it wasn't worth discussing the matter. When Basil went to enter the house, Caspian didn't stop him. Caspian hoped the vixen would be smart enough to not cause trouble but would do nothing if his actions led to Ember beating his ass.

Basil soon came back out with some clay pots and he handed them to Caspian.

"Fill these with water, she will need a proper meal after all that exercise."

Caspian snorted as he took his leave, finding Basil's attitude amusing. He would have to give the vixen props for maintaining a neutral attitude. Even Caspian felt a bit put off by the sound of his little mate being with another.

Basil gathered some herbs and firewood and headed into the bedroom where the two had just finished. When Iris saw Basil she buried her face into Ember's chest embarrassedly. Basil decided to tease the little female as he said

"What? You don't want me to join in on round two? You know some females do like to take two of their males at once....."

Iris blushed even harder at his words. Iris wished the earth would open below her and swallow her whole to save her from the awkwardness. Ember chuckled, not caring one bit about Basil's presence.

Basil quickly started a fire and put a large amount of the meat on the fire to cook while he prepared the rest for soup. It was largely possible Iris wouldn't have much appetite for food after the earlier festivities so he mostly planned to make her tea for digestion and some light soup.

When Caspian returned with the water, Basil finished setting the food up to cook. He then set a third jar of water to heat and removed it before it was boiling. Basil then turned to Ember and instructed

"Here, you should help Iris wash up so she is more comfortable."

Ember was tempted to hit Basil but was stopped when Iris grabbed his arm.

"Don't hit him."

Ember snorted as he cockily replied

"If he doesn't want to be hit he shouldn't have opened his mouth."

Iris shoved at Ember frustratedly and Ember got up and left.

"Whatever, I'm going to keep guard. Here, you take care of this."

Ember shoved the jar of water into Caspian's hands. Caspian sighed, he hoped this would not be the new normal. Caspian went to wash Iris but she embarrassedly stopped him as he went to wash her down there.

"No, I'll do it. Just give it to me."

Caspian relented, knowing he would only upset Iris if he pushed the matter. He handed her the animal skin and allowed her to finish washing up before taking them away.

Basil smiled ruefully as he watched the two interact. He knew it would likely take a while for them all to adjust to the dynamics of the new family they had formed.

Basil carefully turned the roasting meat, using what he had learned from Iris to better season it. When the food finished, he carefully carved thin pieces of the roast for Iris and brought it to her side. He smiled playfully as he said

"Open up."

Iris did so after he continued to hold the food in front of her even when she hesitated. When she ate the meat, she was pleasantly surprised when the food tasted even better than last time.

"This is really good."

Basil gave a sexy smile as he replied

"Is it? Maybe I should try some too."

He then leaned in to kiss Iris, dipping his tongue into her mouth and stroking his tongue against hers. When Basil pulled away he exclaimed

"You're right, you do taste quite delicious."

Iris blinked her eyes in surprise as she took in what Basil had just done. Iris stared at her hands embarrassedly as Basil continued to feed her. She began to wonder how she was supposed to still be independent when she had Caspian constantly doting on her and now a flirty fox who would do anything to see her blush.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including early access to the newest chapters, ad-free reading of previously posted chapters, author's notes, full PDF copies of volumes, and more!

A special thanks to those who have subscribed thus far. Thanks to them I have been motivated to edit my previous chapters and to continue to write this series at a rather brisk pace of five chapters a week. On the Patreon, we are already a third of the way through the fourth volume! Since there is only meant to be five volumes to this series, that means we should be done in another eight months. Of course, the release schedule is much slower here on Wattpad, so it will likely be another two years for you all, but it should be reassuring that this series will be finished soon enough and you'll be guaranteed a proper ending. So, please give it up for the following cub and beast tier members!

Cubs: Ryanna B.

Beasts: GeminiDragon, Kelly, Ann, Shaunna H., Jenn L., Reyanne B., Chong Y., Care, Rochelle N., Argon, Courtney H., Parul N., Shawna B., Dreamer, Izzzy B., Cindy S.

patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett