Worshipped

Iris held her breath in fear of what was to come. She almost hoped that Caspian would think it was a joke or that she was crazy. Maybe if he believed that, she could be spared the rejection and the painful death that was sure to come.

Caspian felt a range of emotions cross over him as this information sunk in. At first, he was shocked and unsure what to make of this information. His mate wasn't from this world? She was the only one of her kind and had unique knowledge no one else knew.

Suddenly, Caspian was reminded of the temples in the city. In this world, beasts believed in a god who ruled over all beasts. If Iris had been brought here, it must be the Beast Deity's will. All her knowledge and strange behavior could thus easily be explained by it being the Beast Deity's wishes.

Caspian threw his arms around Iris, pulling her close as he began to cry tears of joy. His little mate was a gift from the Beast Deity! However, Iris was not a mind reader and had no clue what was going on. As such, she began to hyperventilate as she panicked, fear overtaking her.

Caspian was confused by this change in his little mate.

"What's wrong Iris? Look, don't cry, I'm sorry I didn't understand, but I do now! You are the most perfect gift to this world from the Beast Deity himself. I didn't understand that before, but don't worry, I will become stronger and I will protect you from now on. I swear upon the Beast Deity, no matter what difficulties come your way and no matter how many mates you take, I swear I will do my best to support you in your ambitions and protect you from harm."

Caspian was both taking an oath of honor before the Beast Deity and trying to comfort his mate. When a golden light began to envelop Caspian before slowly growing dim and disappearing, Iris was shocked and paused her crying.

"I- wha- what was that?"

Caspian was confused about what Iris was asking at first. Remembering that his mate did not know the common sense of this world, he patiently explained.

"I made an oath to you before the Beast Deity. The golden light is the beast deity's way of acknowledging my oath."

This surprised Iris to no end. On Earth, there was no proof that any Gods existed but here there was very real proof that the Beast Deity was a real and powerful figure in this world.

This led Iris to recall Caspian's previous words. He thought that this Beast Deity was responsible for her being brought to this world. Iris could neither confirm nor deny this as she had no way of knowing herself. However, she couldn't just leave things at that and risk a misunderstanding leading to trouble.

"I've never met the Beast Deity so I can't say if I was in fact brought to this world by the Beast Deity. However, seeing such real proof of the Beast Deity's existence, I can't deny the possibility either."

Caspian nodded in understanding. The Beast Deity was known to be mysterious and a figure that was difficult to understand. It made sense to him that even the Beast Deity's messengers could have difficulty knowing his will. The Beast Deity was just that untouchable.

While Caspian felt that his mate's behavior was now explained, one thing still left him curious.

"I only really wonder about one other thing. Your animal hide bag seems to be able to hold far more than a normal bag. You also didn't have it or that book when we first met....."

Iris pursed her lips in thought. Caspian had already accepted that she was an oddity and even from a different world. Perhaps she could use his belief in this Beast Deity as a way to explain the system that issued her quests and rewards? Still, she worried that this above all other things would make her look crazy.